Skok-chat

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
R.Ton
Petty Officer

Re: Skok-chat

Post by R.Ton » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:05 pm

zefsidefishing wrote:R. ton, let it go, your a scrub, get off this forum. as for long leaders and a bead, the salmon just love biting your fishing line then you drive the hook into their mouth, dont blame the people, the salmon just love the line helps floss the bacteria out of their mouth as we reel em in :)
I like it here. I thought this site was Washington Lakes not Flossington Lakes. What happened to all the legit guys? :scratch:
Try getting fish to bite instead of lining them. I think I might take some eggs and fish the lower river of the Skok we limit every time.
in da mouf yo =D> =D> always in da mouf

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:08 pm

my kings bite eggs :cheers:

R.Ton
Petty Officer

Post by R.Ton » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Make the fish bite not force them.

http://nwsportsmanmag.com/2012/08/13/sk ... ter-finds/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

R.Ton
Petty Officer

Post by R.Ton » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Ok Tony OFFDAAHOOK fess up. Are you Eggheadwarrior? Don't make me pull your posts on the other site.

iz yo mouf shut yo?

zefsidefishing
Warrant Officer

Post by zefsidefishing » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:31 pm

i could fish eggs, but id have to cure them, spend lots of $$ on float stuff, and try, when its so much easier to just use a swivel, weight, line, hook,yarn, cheap as can be and effective

R.Ton
Petty Officer

Post by R.Ton » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:34 pm

zefsidefishing wrote:i could fish eggs, but id have to cure them, spend lots of $$ on float stuff, and try, when its so much easier to just use a swivel, weight, line, hook,yarn, cheap as can be and effective
I understand. Its more rewarding to get the fish to bite. I'll give you some eggs if you are willing to try.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:52 pm

ive got 27 gallon bags vac packed right now in 9 different cures, im ready!

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:02 pm

r.ton

How do you know the fish don't bite the beads? I mean fish bite plastic works ad rubber fish but that's all good but beads/corkies are different?

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:11 pm

kings rarely even bite corkies, let alone a tiny bead especially at the skok, its mostly flossing even if you arent trying, only way to be sure is float eggs. they arent steelhead, they arent looking for food like single eggs and such

R.Ton
Petty Officer

Post by R.Ton » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:14 pm

I know fish will take beads when fished properly. Troutbeads.com talks all about it. I seen a slayer using a small bead on the skok and hooked up more than anyone but all the fish was foul hooked :scratch: :scratch:

Here is a vid that I know isnt new but maybe some of you beginners can get the picture what guys like offdahook never talk about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Q_axHj ... sults_main" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrome_chasin
Lieutenant

Post by chrome_chasin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:16 pm

freak has it right. I use beads when nothing else is working and will admit that 99.9% if the time is is flossing. But I have caught two jacks that hit a pearl bead with shrimp colored yarn with scent down on the Skok. But those two might have been confused fish...

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:51 pm

fishenfreak wrote:ive got 27 gallon bags vac packed right now in 9 different cures, im ready!
dayome freak 9 different cures [woot] [thumbup] ....i only got 1 beau mac firecure these been frozen a while but still juicy..nisqually lower river here i come [drool]..ill use these juicy egg for bobber and egg on my friends sled at nisqualy soon..dont need to cast far cuz they soft. but i got some nicer late run springers eggz for casting/freedrifting.
Attachments
P4260312.JPG
P4260312.JPG (69.99 KiB) Viewed 1057 times
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:02 pm

fishenfreak wrote:kings rarely even bite corkies, let alone a tiny bead especially at the skok, its mostly flossing even if you arent trying, only way to be sure is float eggs. they arent steelhead, they arent looking for food like single eggs and such
+1 steelhat will smash on corky yarn or beads..true kings dont eat corky,they perfer a big glob of juicy egg that milks well..
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:44 pm

it was a long,slow day. I was able to get one fish though, a 16 pound chrome hen
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:01 pm

FishBaitThe2nd wrote:it was a long,slow day. I was able to get one fish though, a 16 pound chrome hen
good job fbt2,i heard it be slow lately tides not good or something
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:17 pm

members are reminder that harrassing people on this site will lead to being banned. If you want to make accusations take them to other forums.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

zefsidefishing
Warrant Officer

Post by zefsidefishing » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:01 pm

since my spinning reel doesnt hold like any 20 lb test, i put 20 lb braid on since the diameter is so small, is that stupid to drift fish with braid at the skok?

HOOKEDONFISHING
Lieutenant

Post by HOOKEDONFISHING » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:47 pm

zefsidefishing wrote:since my spinning reel doesnt hold like any 20 lb test, i put 20 lb braid on since the diameter is so small, is that stupid to drift fish with braid at the skok?
I think we had that conversation on manline chat....

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Like what everyone says. braid is great for drifting, you can watch your line cause it floats. just always use a mono that has less strength so you won't be breaking off your braid, but breaking off your leader. otherwise people will be getting mad when they snag your braid in the river. I use 20lb braid and 12lb fluoro, it works great! I will be out early on the corner hole off Purdy. see you guys out there!

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:09 pm

fishenfreak wrote:kings rarely even bite corkies, let alone a tiny bead especially at the skok, its mostly flossing even if you arent trying, only way to be sure is float eggs. they arent steelhead, they arent looking for food like single eggs and such
I am gonna have to disagree with you there freak. I've watched them come out from cover and grab my beads, just like a steelhead does. The trick is that you have to find bitey fish. Even on the Skok, I've pulled my bead out from the gills of a big buck pushing 20 right out from under the combat line. You'll see them jump out of the school to nail it as you reel in. They work well for the price. Pluys you don't get smelly hands! But I'm throwing eggs out there when the crowd clears up to good success too.