the limit for salmon on the puyallup???????

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bay wolf
Commander

Re: the limit for salmon on the puyallup???????

Post by Bay wolf » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:41 am

Sooooooo, 8 fish on the Puy? [tongue] JUST KIDDING!
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

gonnahookit
Lieutenant

Post by gonnahookit » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Blunatic wrote:

Also,.....If your Jack is a wild king then you have to release it too.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not true.

Cant cut/paste from my phone, but the regs for the puyallup state 'release wild adult CHINOOK'.

I know as I had to double check the regs the other day when I caught a 17" jack chinook (native). Got a 5 fish limit that day (jack was fish #3 the rest were pinks).

Unless there was an emergency change I didnt see...

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:20 pm

politically correct is what it was, i am not however, and it bothers me when i see people break the rules under the guise of misinterpretation. i think most people like to give benefit of the doubt. im not one of those guys. 8 fish limit?? come on.. its 6 fish total. 2adult non pinks + 2 pinks+ 2 jacks its pretty straight forward, i dont see how someone could get 8 out of that. if someone told me it was ok to keep 8 id tell them theyre full of it, and in my opinion that is an example of rule bending to try to poach fish. ( not saying anyone here is a poacher, unless you kept 8 fish at the puyalup then yes im calling you a poacher.) if your not sure its better to assume the less risky limit.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:31 pm

Are you sure you havent confused this website with the other one that isnt very friendly? You might want to check your browser settings because no one in this thread has recommended catching 8 fish and no one has said they did so or even wanted to.

The OP was asking because he wanted to stay within the rules, not break them. I'm very glad you find the rules so clear cut and easy to understand. I happen to think it is very poorly worded, subject to multiple interpretations and thus confusing.
by jonb » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:20 pm
politically correct is what it was, i am not however, and it bothers me when i see people break the rules under the guise of misinterpretation. i think most people like to give benefit of the doubt. im not one of those guys. 8 fish limit?? come on.. its 6 fish total. 2adult non pinks + 2 pinks+ 2 jacks its pretty straight forward, i dont see how someone could get 8 out of that. if someone told me it was ok to keep 8 id tell them theyre full of it, and in my opinion that is an example of rule bending to try to poach fish. ( not saying anyone here is a poacher, unless you kept 8 fish at the puyalup then yes im calling you a poacher.) if your not sure its better to assume the less risky limit.

Blunatic
Petty Officer

Post by Blunatic » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:29 pm

gonnahookit wrote:
Blunatic wrote:

Also,.....If your Jack is a wild king then you have to release it too.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not true.

Cant cut/paste from my phone, but the regs for the puyallup state 'release wild adult CHINOOK'.

I know as I had to double check the regs the other day when I caught a 17" jack chinook (native). Got a 5 fish limit that day (jack was fish #3 the rest were pinks).

Unless there was an emergency change I didnt see...
Good catch, sorry I missed the "adult" distinction

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:18 pm

For those of you who are interested, the wdfw has posted a correction to the rules for the upper Puyallup. The printed regs incorrectly omits the "plus two additional pinks".

The updated correction for the upper Puyallup clarifies that you can now retain 2 additional pinks, in addition to the 2 adults. See the wdfw site/regs correction for details.

Blunatic
Petty Officer

Post by Blunatic » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Oops, I posted a question that was answered in the post above

lhouch1
Angler

Post by lhouch1 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Regs are confusing. Only way to keep 6 fish is if you catch and keep 2 Jacks' kings less than 24 inches. Also remember you have to quit when you catch your limit if you catch and keep 4 pinks or combo 2 silver/kings and 2 pinks. Cannot keep fishing for jacks.