headed to the wallace tomorrow morning (friday)

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
gsus32
Petty Officer

Re: headed to the wallace tomorrow morning (friday)

Post by gsus32 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:33 am

luisdabeast206 wrote:I went up there today, seen one come out and plenty of presmoked firetrucks. I did mange to hook one though.
Where were you at ?

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Guys I am just dyin to fish the Wallace with this recent rain, any way i could tag along with someone tomorrow? I live in woodinville

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Ill fish it Tuesday or Wednesday.
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

gsus32
Petty Officer

Post by gsus32 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm going to try it again in the morning I wish I knew of some more spots out there :(

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:43 pm

I know a whole stretch of river that's unpressured

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:13 pm

The bite was rough this weekend.. this morning there werea few biters, I hooked up on my first cast, the guy next to me continued to try ripping and snagging and wrapped my line instead of reeling up to let me fight my legit hooked fish. I lost the fish, and a TON of line because the line broke off at the rod tip where the snagged line had tangled mine .. next cast I didn't cast as far as I meant due to loosing too much off my spool snagged up again, lost more line and had to leave the hole to get more line.. unbelievably angry this am.... for all the snaggers who may read this: put the time in and learn river courtesy, and learn how to get a bite.. . Stop ripping. If your not going to try to get a bite, why fish at all? Its cheaper to buy salmon at the grocery store, as compared to the lost lure cost.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Post by Bmastro777 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:01 pm

The wallace is a lost cause. I was there under bridge at first light. 7 guys and I was the only one fishing a float and eggs. I had no bites for an hour and just said F it and left. 99% of the people there are now all snagging. I saw 1 guy near me pull in 3 fish sideways in 45 min. All kept. I had a few words for him. But, there are so many snaggers now they will gang up on the real fisherman. Very sad.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:54 pm

I'm calling the cops from now on.. I try not to be a trouble maker, but I'm sick of it.. on the weekdays when the snaggers aren't there to ruin the bite. The Wallace is fantastic, a very nice bite, nice holes, I love that river, just hate some of the degenerates I have to deal with.

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:01 pm

jonb wrote:I'm calling the cops from now on.. I try not to be a trouble maker, but I'm sick of it.. on the weekdays when the snaggers aren't there to ruin the bite. The Wallace is fantastic, a very nice bite, nice holes, I love that river, just hate some of the degenerates I have to deal with.
Was it the same dude at sherman we ran into Saturday?

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Post by Bmastro777 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:31 pm

cops wont do anything. as long as they have a bead, or piece of yarn by their hook, nothing will be done.

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Post by Bmastro777 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:41 pm

what we should do is get a bunch of us bait fisherman fishing the holes early in the morning...lined up like the snaggers. And when they start showing up we harass the hell out of em'.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Yes spoonman same guy as in Saturday at the Sherman hole, everyone else was fishing legit. Prawn or eggs under a float, drifting flies, twitching jigs, spinner etc.

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:07 am

I think we did a decent hob of ridiculing him and Saturday. Crazy he showed up for more. Some people dont know anything different and its sad.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Bmastro777 wrote:The wallace is a lost cause. I was there under bridge at first light. 7 guys and I was the only one fishing a float and eggs. I had no bites for an hour and just said F it and left. 99% of the people there are now all snagging. I saw 1 guy near me pull in 3 fish sideways in 45 min. All kept. I had a few words for him. But, there are so many snaggers now they will gang up on the real fisherman. Very sad.
I live right near there and would love to hook up and fish with anyone that feels better about having another FISHERMAN with them.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:39 pm

jonb wrote:I'm calling the cops from now on.. I try not to be a trouble maker, but I'm sick of it.. on the weekdays when the snaggers aren't there to ruin the bite. The Wallace is fantastic, a very nice bite, nice holes, I love that river, just hate some of the degenerates I have to deal with.
I hear you JONB, I love the Wallace river but I cant stand the f'ing losers that come there for the easy pickings. I don't do the Sherman holes as that typically has more low lifes. Again I live right there and love to fish that river.

luisdabeast206
Petty Officer

Post by luisdabeast206 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:49 pm

I was fishing last Friday along the Sky and personally spoke with the game warden. He checked a few of for licenses, and peaked over our gear ( most were fishing eggs under a float). He addressed that chum are on his 1st priority and protecting them. He was friendly and later mentioned to us, that he would be a at the boat ramp.

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Post by Bmastro777 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:35 pm

luisdabeast206 wrote:I was fishing last Friday along the Sky and personally spoke with the game warden. He checked a few of for licenses, and peaked over our gear ( most were fishing eggs under a float). He addressed that chum are on his 1st priority and protecting them. He was friendly and later mentioned to us, that he would be a at the boat ramp.
What does this have to do with this thread?

luisdabeast206
Petty Officer

Post by luisdabeast206 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:40 pm

Bmastro777 wrote:
luisdabeast206 wrote:I was fishing last Friday along the Sky and personally spoke with the game warden. He checked a few of for licenses, and peaked over our gear ( most were fishing eggs under a float). He addressed that chum are on his 1st priority and protecting them. He was friendly and later mentioned to us, that he would be a at the boat ramp.
What does this have to do with this thread?
Flossing/Snagging is on his priorities list, unless it is a chum.