what are you having luck with?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

what are you having luck with?

Post by hanapaa808 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:03 am

with the river being so dirty, (snohomish and skagit) what colors/spoons are you guys having luck with?

noclothes1
Lieutenant

RE:what are you having luck with?

Post by noclothes1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:11 am

The Skagit has been a plunk fest using big bright spin-n-glos with sand shrimp, 4oz weight seems to hold just fine. I hear that guys have been doing alright using Wicked Willies, FST's, and Dick Nite's (pink, 50/50, frog) when the water is clear enough. You could throw a vibrax as well since the silvers should be showing in the Skagit soon.
"It's the failure that keeps me coming back"

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

Post by hanapaa808 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:17 pm

noclothes, have you been up to the skagit lately? if so hows the river looking?

noclothes1
Lieutenant

Post by noclothes1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Not since Saturday. I suspect it would be fishable (plunking) right now given the cooler weather. The cold temps keep the Sauk from puking. Fish it tomorrow as the warm weather coming may put it out of shape. Call holiday market if your drive is far or hit the salt if the Skagit is out of shape. Holiday will tell you and be sure to stop in and pick up your sand shrimp and ice.
"It's the failure that keeps me coming back"

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

Post by hanapaa808 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:42 pm

noclothes, i was up there last saturday aswell and the river was really milky dark. i got there at 5 and stayed to 9 and left. i saw 3 fish caught and that was it when i was normally getting my limit by 730-800 am the mornings before. i then went to the snohomish and got my limit. i guess ill call hliday before i head up next time. im new to fishing the skagit and so far i see that when the water is really ugly in color the fish dont bite. i hope it has cleared up by now!!!

notagator
Petty Officer

Post by notagator » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:12 am

The Skagit looks great this morning, nice and green! I can see it from my living room and will be out there later today. Plan of attack involves orange/green wing bobber and sand shrimp to start. After that... who knows.
Yeah, I'm a Cupcake! Better that, than dry and stale like Biscotti!

fishermom
Petty Officer

Post by fishermom » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:36 am

The water was clear in the Skagit and Stillaguamish last night, with lots of pinks being caught. There are tons of fish. Good luck everyone.
Fish like this is your last day on earth, conserve like you will live 1000 years.