puyallup river, native american net schedule?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dustpan
Petty Officer

puyallup river, native american net schedule?

Post by dustpan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:57 pm

I'm really enjoying fishing lately, and I want to fish the puyallup river for salmon after I get off work (8 -9 pm). I was told to find out when the natives throw out their nets. I would really appreciate it if somebody could tell me what days they set up nets, or guide me to a place that has the schedule. Thanks for reading this.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:puyallup river, native american net schedule?

Post by Toni » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:28 pm

I got this from another website

The Puyallup Fish Hot line is (253)845-7747
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:40 am

I was also wondering about the tribes netting in the river during the pink run, but I was courious about the Green/Duwamish. Be nice to know so I dont waste my time waiting for fish that is already dying in a net downstream.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:02 pm

Here's the netting schedule:

24/7/365

<joking> sort of...

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:56 pm

So far on the Duwamish the tribes have not had much of a test fishery but when they do I suspect they will fish from midnight Sunday to midnight Wednesday as the Sports fishermen have the other days of the week.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

dustpan
Petty Officer

Post by dustpan » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:09 am

I called that hot line, they said the set nets are out at 12:00pm weds till 12:00pm Friday. The first gill nets go out at the end of august. Thank you for sharing that number

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:02 am

I have called the line 4 times now because he talks so fast that it is hard to get the information.
Recording made on July 31st.

On the Puyallup hook and line fishing from Clarke Creek bridge to Lincoln Ave, open.

Chambers Creek deep scein (spelling) nets 12pm Sunday to 12PM Tuesday with set nets 12pm Wednesday to 12pm Friday.

Fox Island 24/7

A 12 hour gill net opening on Puyallup for Chinook will be Aug 23 6am to 6pm.

We will have to call at a later date to get the gill net schedule for the Puyallup River.
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

dustpan
Petty Officer

Post by dustpan » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:29 am

now i just need to find out where the clark creek bridge, and lincoln ave are at.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:15 pm

dustpan wrote:now i just need to find out where the clark creek bridge, and lincoln ave are at.
Google maps say 66th Ave E bridge. This is where Clark Creek goes into the Puyallup. Follow the river down (to the left) to a bridge (past I-5) that should have Lincoln Ave label on it.

Are you an Indian? This is just open to Indians. The Puyallup doesn't open for salmon until the 16th for others.

dustpan
Petty Officer

Post by dustpan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:04 pm

no, im not an Indian. I'll just have to wait it out. Glad you gave me the heads up. I wouldn't be able to make it till after the 16th anyways.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:45 pm

dustpan wrote:no, im not an Indian. I'll just have to wait it out. Glad you gave me the heads up. I wouldn't be able to make it till after the 16th anyways.
Opening day is a real___ fill in the blank. I'll wait. But I have been out to dash point and you might have to fill in the blank for that fishery. But I am going again. :bom: