Nisqually River Report

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Silent Angler
Petty Officer

Nisqually River Report

Post by Silent Angler » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:11 pm

Please post any information regarding about the Nisqually River.

I am really looking forward to see chinook salmons running into Nisqually River next month (August). I just noticed that there were few anglers fishing the river today. Is some early chinooks running up the river in Mid-July or they were fishing for the steelheads? I just moved here last year from East Coast, fyi.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishing is the life.

Jim Ramey
Angler

RE:Nisqually River Report

Post by Jim Ramey » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:20 pm

Try this slide show presentation of the game fish in the Nisqually River: Chinooks are supposed to start running upstream in July according to these fish watcher's reports. http://www.nisquallyriver.org/nsw_files/frame.htm
Plenty of other searun fish coming and going. Some people like to fish after a good soaking rain, others like to fish after a high tide.

Lot of money and effort going into improving the return rate. Ohop Creek restoration and SmallWood Park in Eatonville.
Best Wishes,
Jim Ramey