Stilly white fish? any oine know the best techniques and spots old memeber new account

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
driftercn83
Petty Officer

Stilly white fish? any oine know the best techniques and spots old memeber new account

Post by driftercn83 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:34 am

I have been hearing that the stilly hold a a good number of white fish where are the best places along the river to fish. I am making a trip on sat fish and since the steelheading has bveen pretty slow in this area I thought white fish might be worth a try wht are the top spots and whats the best gear.
An old man once told me that if you stick a worm on a hook drop it over the bank you can feed your self for life. I tried it modified it and geez I am beating them off with a broom now.

" Talking about the way it used to be. Skittley dit dat dow doo day. we used to pull Stripers out of san pablo bay. now the delta waters go down so cal and the stripers faded away.." (Primus)

curado
Admiral

RE:Stilly white fish? any oine know the best techniques and spots old memeber new account

Post by curado » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:17 pm

right in silvana exit 220great area 20 plus white fish a day fish nightcrawlers below riffles and in seems. 6lbs line North fork isd closed though
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

niceguytree
Angler

RE:Stilly white fish? any oine know the best techniques and spots old memeber new account

Post by niceguytree » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:19 am

I've wondered if the fishing was any good down that low. Might check that out today.:bounce:

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:47 am

make there is no whitefish rule advisory in affect
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

kavykid2k6
Warrant Officer

Post by kavykid2k6 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:55 pm

the mouth of pilchuck creek is another hot spot for whiate fish, steelyhead like to hang out there too at times
Fishing the waters of the stilly, sky and snoho and the lakes of
North Snohomish county-- and my pond

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Drive over I-90 from Easton the launch is right outside town right off the river used it 50 times chasing trousters to the dam in a drift boat on the Yakima a tard:colors: could hook and land 40 plus on a slow day all day long on the white fish fly :cheers:
Plus spring and fall on the same process you will slaughter native Bows make sure they slide back in!
Attachments
whiteies1.jpg
whiteies1.jpg (44.87 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
metalflyand_dieEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
metalflyand_dieEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (72.82 KiB) Viewed 1041 times