North fork stilly

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jake_k
Warrant Officer

North fork stilly

Post by jake_k » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:45 am

Hello all,

I have been looking for new places to fish a bit closer to my home in Bellingham. I usually fish the Skykomish for steelhead during the winter. One river I have not fished ever is the north fork of The stilly. I noticed that it opens for all fishermen on December 1. I am not looking for any specific spots or anything but would this river give me a chance at a steelhead this season? Any input is appreciated

Lee Howe
Angler

Re: North fork stilly

Post by Lee Howe » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:49 am

I caught my first steelhead at the Fortson Hole about 20 years ago. A very good hole across the river from the old Fortson mill. Its a beautiful small river, think small and light gear. I haven't fished it since we moved to Spokane 16 years ago. Lee

scraig1962
Petty Officer

Re: North fork stilly

Post by scraig1962 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:40 am

Hwy 530 follows the N.fork Stilly so there's a lot of places to pull over and fish. I usually start at Fortson and work down from there. My favorite holes are Fortson, Cpost then Cicero and they all have produced steelhead in the past. I plan on taking my daughter up there this year. Pm me if you need a map.