June 29th salmon meeting in sedro-

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dj2loud
Lieutenant

June 29th salmon meeting in sedro-

Post by dj2loud » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:31 pm

Did anyone attend this meeting ? If so any information avail or was it WDFW just bending over and giving the tribes what they want once again.... I'm assuming they just wanted to smoke and mirror the entire meeting and have already agreed to the transfer of eggs for the next 5 years.....

Noodle Caboodle
Petty Officer

Re: June 29th salmon meeting in sedro-

Post by Noodle Caboodle » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Just an fyi, we have been giving them springer eggs from marblemount for the skok the last few years...
Never hear complaints on that, why get bent out of shape now over sockeye?

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:15 pm

The biggest issue with the eggs is the forced closure of the skok by the tribe the past couple seasons now. If we had access to these fish, you'd see way less opposition to the egg transfer.

As far as the sockeye go, I doubt we'll ever see a fishery in cushman.ive witnessed how the skokomish tribe nets that river. I seriously doubt anything more than minimum escapement with ever make it back to the lake.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Post by Onmygame » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:17 am

spokey9 wrote:The biggest issue with the eggs is the forced closure of the skok by the tribe the past couple seasons now. If we had access to these fish, you'd see way less opposition to the egg transfer.

As far as the sockeye go, I doubt we'll ever see a fishery in cushman.ive witnessed how the skokomish tribe nets that river. I seriously doubt anything more than minimum escapement with ever make it back to the lake.
There shouldn't be opposition to anything that boost runs in any given water.

As far as not having access - MA 12 Hood Canal south of Ayock Point is open to a daily limit of 4 Adult Chinook July 1 - Sept 30

onmygame

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:23 am

where are you getting the information at about the skok getting marblemount fish? To my knowledge there isn't any paperwork or information on transfers to that system from the hatchery and that's after looking thru 600+ pages of transfer information......

Noodle Caboodle
Petty Officer

Post by Noodle Caboodle » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Hopefully the screen shot uploads, i cant find the document i took it from right now.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170622-180818.png

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:26 am

WOW, no input or agreement between WDFW and the tribes on that....... Just stated the tribes made the decision on their own.....