What will WDFW do to Salmon fishing in the rivers

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

What will WDFW do to Salmon fishing in the rivers

Post by Toni » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:45 pm

Did all you fishers catch this? I missed this notice in my email subscription AND it isn't just saltwater but rivers too. June 26/27 is coastal freshwater.
What changes?

2017 North of Falcon Rulemaking - Recreational Salmon Fishery - Puget Sound Freshwater and Saltwater
The Department is considering changes to recreational salmon fishing rules resulting from stakeholder recommendations made during North of Falcon meetings. Recreational salmon fishing rules based on North of Falcon recommendations change from year to year to reflect resource availability and to achieve conservation goals. Amendments to recreational salmon fishing rules are needed to implement the agreed-upon changes
CR-101 - filed as WSR 17-03-042 on January 7, 2017
Invitation to discuss rules on this subject
CR-102 – filed as WSR 17-11-122 on May 23, 2017
Notice and opportunity to comment on this current rule-making proposal
Public Comment Period:
Written comments are due by June 27, 2017
Written comments may be emailed to: Rules.Coordinator@dfw.wa.gov
Or mailed to: Scott Bird, WDFW Rules Coordinator, 600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
Fax: 360-902-2155
A public hearing will take place on June 27 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Natural Resources Building Room 184
1111 Washington St. SE
Olympia, WA 98501
This notice did not come in my email subscription AND it isn't just saltwater June 26th is coastal freshwater

http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/development.html
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Jakefish
Warrant Officer

Re: What will WDFW do to Salmon fishing in the rivers

Post by Jakefish » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Here are the proposed rules to change, but no mention of how they would be changed:
Title of rule and other identifying information: (Describe Subject) Changes to WDFW’s Puget Sound’s recreational salmon
fishing rules resulting from stakeholder recommendations made during North of Falcon meetings:
WAC 220-220-160 Two-pole endorsement.
WAC 220-300-160 Definitions—Personal-use fishing.
WAC 220-300-220 Geographical definitions—River mouth definitions.
WAC 220-310-030 Food fish fishing—Closed areas.
WAC 220-310-210 Possession and delivery of Canadian-origin food fish and shellfish.
WAC 220-312-040 Freshwater exceptions to statewide rules—Puget Sound.
WAC 220-313-060 Puget Sound salmon—Saltwater seasons and daily limits.
WAC 220-313-020 Closed Areas – Saltwater salmon angling

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:08 pm

Did you see this? "stakeholder recommendations" Who are the stake holders in recreational salmon? We are now getting to input? It looks to me like they already have it figured out. If you are right then it might not be an option for "WAC 220-310-210 Possession and delivery of Canadian-origin food fish and shellfish."
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:16 pm

The stakeholders are the tribes, non Indian commies, and the sports fishermen. I never received that email either and supposedly I'm subscribed to everything. Depending on the proposed changes and the interpretation of the resulting wacs, it could be bad for us license holders who fund all this
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:01 pm

this is the proposed changes, i don't have time to look them over at the moment but have at it....

Scroll down to see the proposed changes.....

http://wdfw.wa.gov/about/regulations/20 ... 11-122.pdf