Meetup on the Clearwater

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SkinnyBagOfBones
Angler

Meetup on the Clearwater

Post by SkinnyBagOfBones » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:13 am

Hey friends, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to thank everyone for the detailed reports and information.

A buddy and I are headed to the Clearwater on February 16th, we'll be there through the 18th. We fly fish, but respect and enjoy all kinds of fishing. My question is if anyone is interested in meeting up and fishing with us, food, lodging and tackle is on us. A drift boat would be excellent. We could learn the river on our own but I like making new friends and learning from people who know the river better than I do.

Also willing to trade some access to private water in Utah and Colorado. Send me a shout out if you're in for a meetup!

rpbfishin
Petty Officer

Re: Meetup on the Clearwater

Post by rpbfishin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:58 am

Idaho or Peninsula?

SkinnyBagOfBones
Angler

Post by SkinnyBagOfBones » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:00 am

Whoops! Should have mentioned that. We'll be in Idaho staying in Kooskia, probably focusing on the South Fork but what do I know lol

rpbfishin
Petty Officer

Post by rpbfishin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:15 am

Gotcha. I'm a fly guy too and always looking for a new swingin' buddy. But I'm in western WA. Thought you might have been talking about the Clearwater over here on the OP.

buzzardbait2
Petty Officer

Post by buzzardbait2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:34 pm

outstanding river to fly fish, the majority of the river is easily accessed from the road, you couldn't fish all the roadside access in two days. this river is the perfect place for two handed spey. boats, we don't need no stinking boat! about 30 miles upstream from Lewiston you can find peck Idaho where most fly fishing on the Clearwater from the road begins, at Peck Hole. you will also find one of the coolest fly shops anywhere known as the Red Shed. http://www.redshedflyshop.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;