Coho moving into the sky and green

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
tframe
Angler

Coho moving into the sky and green

Post by tframe » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:08 pm

If you check the hatchery escapement numbers for the last few weeks 3k silvers have made it to sunset falls on the sky and around 1500 have made to soos creek the last 2 weeks that's a good sign and should only get better with this rain we will be getting. Hopefully they open it back up within a couple weeks with this rain.

DannyL
Captain

Re: Coho moving into the sky and green

Post by DannyL » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Possibility yes. I sure hope we have our rivers back here in the next couple weeks with the 4 days of rain we have coming.
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

SalmonAddict
Warrant Officer

Post by SalmonAddict » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:56 pm

I was out scouting yesterday and saw 4 schools of 10 silvers, all chrome, swimming upstream. I hope it's a good sign as well.

fajitamondays
Angler

Post by fajitamondays » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:57 pm

I was wading the Green near the Auburn narrows area this afternoon, and didn't see any sign of life in the water, other than a single spawned out guy floating downstream. I sure am looking forward to the rains.

gassyboy
Petty Officer

Post by gassyboy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Last year same week Oct 23 the Green had 4500 silver and 2013 had 7500. They need a minimum of 2000 to meet escapement numbers for spawning at the hatchery.