green river/ Duwamish waterway pinks

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
wafisherman20
Petty Officer

green river/ Duwamish waterway pinks

Post by wafisherman20 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:30 pm

hello,

i am looking of some new spots along the green river to hit up this season, since it is fast approaching, (been gone all summer and forgot the date it opens exactly.) but i know when i get back in a few weeks, i will be in the heat of the action. I normally fish the river in Tukwilla, behind the Homewood Suites and across from Starfire sports complex, just to get away from the bridge crowding and hustle. didn't know if anyone had some secrets spots they would be willing to share with a novice salmon fisherman =P~

thanks,

Wafisherman20

c_saeteurn
Warrant Officer

Re: green river/ Duwamish waterway pinks

Post by c_saeteurn » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:12 pm

If your able to get on a float craft. Youll killem

Ratherbefishing
Petty Officer

Post by Ratherbefishing » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:23 pm

:)
Last edited by Ratherbefishing on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Duwamish Amish
Petty Officer

Post by Duwamish Amish » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:50 am

Don't wasteth thy timeth, thither is nay salmon to be caught.
Amen.

wafisherman20
Petty Officer

Post by wafisherman20 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:21 pm

thank you so much. i will check that link out. see you on the water!

TyeeMatt
Petty Officer

Post by TyeeMatt » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Yeah I would echo the float tube or pontoon option to get away from the crowds. Find a good launch spot and take a look at the tide charts to see when slack is. You can use the tides in the lower portion of the river to push you upstream, and then ride the tides back out to get back to your put in. If you use a float tube be careful with your legs dangling in the water and be aware of the many snaggy spots, pilings, and logs in the lower section.
http://rainiervalleyangler.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

retired11
Petty Officer

Post by retired11 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:36 pm

Has anyone scoped out the Duwamish for pinks lately? I was thinking about giving it a try when it opens.

Farva
Angler

Post by Farva » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:51 pm

Checked last Wed. and didn't see anything yet. Looks like they're almost in.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/salmon/pink/mapping.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cxlumpy
Petty Officer

Post by cxlumpy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:32 am

I drove by the green river yesterday to see where you can fish off the banks, I was told to fish by the Tukwila community center but did not see where to park or where anyone was fishing can someone point me in the right direction of where to fish? I just recently moved back from Arizona and fished the Puyallup, skok, and Nisqually a lot but never the green.

thanks!

4n6fisher
Warrant Officer

Post by 4n6fisher » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:04 pm

It just opened today, so yesterday the only people fishing would have been the poachers. Always check and double check the rags and if you have questions ask WDFW since as discussed several places on these forums the rules are not easily interpreted. There is access near the 99/599 interchange, small park there by the "rapids" as well as a number of other places. You might look up reports from last year during the coho season to get an idea of other locations.

legendaryangler
Angler

Post by legendaryangler » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:11 pm

I went down there earlier today. What is wrong with these duwamish fish. I do better upriver in kent. But these lower river fish dont bite at all. They just seem to jump around and tease you all day long. And those few that do catch fish. On the reports ive seen for the duwamish last year ajd the years before that. I kind of have a hard time believing them now. Ive pretty much fished the entire lower system. Looking for good holes. But there are so many snags there. I really do find it hard to believe that those fish caught were caught at the duwamish

fishing17
Angler

Post by fishing17 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:31 am

So overall...Fishing in the lower Duwamish is bad. A question for those that have been to the Duwamish, do you see any fish jumping or finning while you were there?

wafisherman20
Petty Officer

Post by wafisherman20 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:48 pm

went fishing today with a little group. saw maybe 5 fish jump between 5 and 11 am. i have hooked lots of pinks in the lower part near strafer sports complex and saw a couple dead salmon there today. out of the 5 of us, we caught 1 salmon, but it was an atlantic not a pink. had no idea that there were atlantics running in the green until one of the guys also at the bank told me there used to be a sign saying they were illegal to harvest. good thing he wasn't dead when i learned that. guess i better do a little more research. but as far as pinks, i am trying again tomorrow for a couple hours and will report back if better

legendary angler, you saw them jumping? when do you fish kent?

thanks and tight lines!

Củ Chi Sushi
Angler

Post by Củ Chi Sushi » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:59 pm

I fished it around noon. Didn't catch or see any fish. Lost 10 jigs twerking, and slipped and fell in the mud. Guy at Outdoor says the Snohomish is doing well.

Ratherbefishing
Petty Officer

Post by Ratherbefishing » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:03 am

Last edited by Ratherbefishing on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Duwamish Amish
Petty Officer

Post by Duwamish Amish » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:32 am

It has been years since the pens out in Puget Sound broke. I doubt there's any Atlantics still in there. They are very distinguishable since they have dark spots on their gill plates.
Amen.

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Saw some wonderful citizens down at isaac evans park in Auburn(closed portion of the river) teaching their little ones how to "fish". Didnt have my phone so I couldnt call it in. We did tell them it was closed, I dont know if they left after that.

legendaryangler
Angler

Post by legendaryangler » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:56 am

How are these reports getting 4 to 5 stars reviews if people arent even limiting

Ratherbefishing
Petty Officer

Post by Ratherbefishing » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:57 pm