Where to launch prop boat for pinks

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
gottidave
Petty Officer

Where to launch prop boat for pinks

Post by gottidave » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:10 am

Hi

I own a 15' smokecraft with a prop outboard on it 25hp.

Would you guys please advice where I could launch and fish with it for pinks?

Not very familiar with the rivers around, so if you do please have patience to provide more details if needed.

Would appreciate that.

Thank you

hlindsay
Warrant Officer

Re: Where to launch prop boat for pinks

Post by hlindsay » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:22 am

Where are you, and are you not wanting to go in the salt? I have fished Vashon, Browns point, and Humpy Hollow http://www.johnssportinggoods.com/wp-co ... Hollow.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; from a 15ft smoker craft Alaskan w a 25. Also Sekiu but that my be a little late and far away. I did not fish the rivers with it.

gottidave
Petty Officer

Post by gottidave » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:28 am

Hi

My bad forgot to mention, I live in Bothell WA

Thank you

Lingking
Petty Officer

Post by Lingking » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:58 pm

I am taking my 12' smoker craft up to the Skagit tomorrow. It's a good one for that and the Snohomish is good from the mouth to the area just below crab bar. Snohomish is closed above the hwy 9 bridge till next weekend. Drove past rotary park in Lowell and saw a bunch of fish rolling.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:15 am

Lingking wrote:I am taking my 12' smoker craft up to the Skagit tomorrow. It's a good one for that and the Snohomish is good from the mouth to the area just below crab bar. Snohomish is closed above the hwy 9 bridge till next weekend. Drove past rotary park in Lowell and saw a bunch of fish rolling.
the river above hiway 9 is closed to fishing until further notice.

Lingking
Petty Officer

Post by Lingking » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:35 pm

The section of the snohomish above Hwy 9 opens August 16. No emergency rules in effect.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:16 am

If you are willing and able I would say launch that puppy at Mukilteo and go get involved in the Slay Fest in humpy hollow in the sound, Area 8-2. It has been completely lights out for pinks out there for several weeks now.

gottidave
Petty Officer

Post by gottidave » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:41 am

Thanks everyone so far.

Went on Sunday, first time on Puget Sound, and Shilshole and got the limit by following people's advice here.

Thanks again.

BARCHASER10
Captain

Post by BARCHASER10 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:03 pm

Other option is Snohomish tidewater. Launch at Langus Park. Will be crowded on weekends though. Just run upstream until you see Pinks rolling and jumping then anchor up and jig it with 1/8 or 1/4 oz pink jigs. You will have lots of company but if you hit it right it can be wild. Or you can launch at Everett if Langus is full but it takes a little longer to make the run up.

https://everettwa.gov/Facilities/Facili ... nt-Park-27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;