ideas on the easiest way to float/yak the lower duwi

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
woady
Petty Officer

ideas on the easiest way to float/yak the lower duwi

Post by woady » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi WALAKES

Pink season is close. Thinking of ways to avoid the crowds asI really enjoy fishing for pinks 5 minutes from my house.

What would be the cheapest/safest way of going the very short distance from the 1st ave boat launch to the area due north of the spokane street bridge?

Float tubes are out as I don't want to be eaten by seals. Don't want to deal with a huge yak.

Is there something at walmart or the local sport shops that may work for me? I'm in Seattle.

I thought about renting a kayak from Alki kayak but that would get expensive quick at $15 hour. Would take an hour to paddle to the mouth anyways.

Any ideas appreciated! Or if you have a toon or yak to unload let me know!

Ratherbefishing
Petty Officer

Re: ideas on the easiest way to float/yak the lower duwi

Post by Ratherbefishing » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:18 pm

:)
Last edited by Ratherbefishing on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

woady
Petty Officer

Post by woady » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Ratherbefishing wrote:How about something a little more stable? Nothing scares the crap out of you more than being in a inflatable and that big ass sea lion pops up right behind you! Lots of small boats on CL next to nothing. Can probably find a small outboard on there too. Even if you don't have a truck a 10 ft boat is easy enough to throw on top of car esp if you only live a few minutes away.
great idea! found a few boats cheap. now just need to figure out how to throw em on top with scratches! roof rack time perhaps

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:27 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

woady
Petty Officer

Post by woady » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:53 pm

gfakkema wrote:Have you seen this?

http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/ ... =9&t=21764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I picked up a Classic Accessories Colorado pontoon boat (made in Kent, WA) for $400 new a year or so ago. DJButler also has this toon and has set it up pretty nice for trolling lakes. Mine goes on the roof of the wifes car without scratching it, or can be completely disassembled and thrown in the trunk or back seat. Just a thought.
thanks for the pontoon idea! Looks like itd be much more practical that mooring a boat, plus the mouth of the duwi are calm waters.

lost360
Petty Officer

Post by lost360 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:11 pm

A pontoon is the ticket we do tidal drifts and stay in the fish and never wait for boat launch its easy to carry down to the water I park by bridges and put in easy peasy