Headed To The OP

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
DannyL
Captain

Headed To The OP

Post by DannyL » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:24 pm

We are making our very first trip to the OP in two weeks. Leaving Monday night the 23rd and fishing the 24th and 25th. I have one problem. WHERE DO WE GO? Hump, Nooch? Any info is greatly appreciated. Im from Everett in the North end of the state so I don't get over there much if at all. If you feel more comfortable PM me info. Thanks guys and gals.
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

Seattlè Pat
Petty Officer

Re: Headed To The OP

Post by Seattlè Pat » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:58 pm

I would not suggest either of those as they are not "really" on the OP but rather Grays Harbor Systems. They both are options but if I were you and Gas was not an issue I would set my sights on more exclusive waters.

Have you signed up for LunkerAlerts yet?
Huskies + Muskies * Coho = Seattle Love

BARCHASER10
Captain

Post by BARCHASER10 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:30 pm

The fishchecker reports pretty much tell the story. This time of year its the nate run and the Soleduck is the best. Trouble with the Duck is finding places for bank fishing is kinda tough, not much access. Its mostly a drift boat deal and a guided trip if you dont have a DB. There are fish in the Bog but bank fishing spots there are also kinda slim.

Guided DB trips are around 175 each per day. Three Rivers resort (see website) is who I usually go with but there are a lot of others.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/creel/steelhead/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:08 pm

More EXCLUSIVE waters as in?
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

Cozmo4196
Warrant Officer

Post by Cozmo4196 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:17 pm

DannyL wrote:More EXCLUSIVE waters as in?

Google maps. Get out and explore!

BlakeP
Commander

Post by BlakeP » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:52 pm

People actually use that site? [laugh]

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:33 pm

The "OP" rivers are generally considered the ones on the ocean side of the park. Starting with the Queets, Bogy, Hoh, Sol Duc... I like the Hoh and Queets from the bank. The Bogy in the upper stretches has bank access through the park, down lower where you'd find hatchery fish there is room as well. There are some lesser traveled spots to go to, so find a map and explore, that's half the fun of fishing out there. All of the fishing opportunities are listed in the reg book, so there aren't TOO many secrets, but those of us that have found the good stuff are reticent to let slip the secret, especially online. You know, because of crowds and stuff.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:37 am

Let's keep to the topic at hand and not bash other web sites, shall we? I know I hate when it happens to this site elsewhere. Thanks.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".