Coho Still Going Strong

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Coho Still Going Strong

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Continues to be the best coho season I have seen in a long time. Finally starting to see a colored up fish here and there but scales-falling off chromers are still very easy to come by. Numbers and quality remain high. Had a few guys today who wanted to be off the river before noon, they had their 4 chrome bright fish in the first stretch after weeding out some blushed ones :). Been this way every day.

Due to excellent fishing I extended my salmon dates into the last week of November. November 27 is officially my last availiable day until the close of salmon fishing on many systems. Give me a shout if you want in. Photos from today, home by 10am :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (85.61 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.11 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (101.62 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

spoonman
Captain

Re: Coho Still Going Strong

Post by spoonman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Great looking fish! Glad to hear theres still bright ones over there.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:49 pm

spoonman wrote:Great looking fish! Glad to hear theres still bright ones over there.
For sure, nice to see such a healthy run spread over a long period of time

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Will be on the lower Quinault the weekend and am freakin jacked! Already packed, already dreaming of screaming drag and sore arms!

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:37 pm

spoonman wrote:Will be on the lower Quinault the weekend and am freakin jacked! Already packed, already dreaming of screaming drag and sore arms!
With this cold weather and low water there should be coho piled up down in there!

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:41 pm

saw a few chromers in the hump over the weekend, slightly less chrome in the satsop

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:16 am

Love the pics of jigs in their mouth, nice work as usual freak!

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:55 am

Only issue was that darn extra fin. LOL
obryan214 wrote:saw a few chromers in the hump over the weekend, slightly less chrome in the satsop

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:38 am

spoonman wrote:Will be on the lower Quinault the weekend and am freakin jacked! Already packed, already dreaming of screaming drag and sore arms!
Saw you did well buddy, nice Job. Still pretty amazing fishing, would have lasted a few more weeks or longer without this flooding. With the high water I had to cancel my last couple days, finally headed home after over a month of the best coho fishing ive ever seen! Now to see if the December Skagit coho are around this year

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:14 pm

fishenfreak wrote:
Saw you did well buddy, nice Job. Still pretty amazing fishing, would have lasted a few more weeks or longer without this flooding. With the high water I had to cancel my last couple days, finally headed home after over a month of the best coho fishing ive ever seen! Now to see if the December Skagit coho are around this year
It was incredible! The amount of bright silvers still around over there. Would have been a real slaughter if i didnt spend the first two hours looking for an early cook creek steelhead. Im kinda depressed though, now im back home fishing the sky, feels like im just p!ssing in the wind fishing here. Oh well, at least i got my go fast boat and wont be sitting on a rock at reiter this year. Well, maybe a few times up at reiter. Good luck on the Skagit, maybe someday ill have to take a trip down it.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Well... Was able to get 2 days of fishing in back in Puget Sound before the flooding began.... Good news is the coho fishing was still as good as ever... Bad news is im not sure how many will be left when the river finally drops back in from this craziness. If the numbers and fish quality are still as good as they were the other day when its fishable again, I will have some availiable dates in early December for coho/steelhead combo trips. Ill keep you guys updated with the fishing, but i assume fishing will be good. Let me know if you want some bright December coho and the chance at some early winter runs!

Photos were Monday and Tuesday before the rain
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (119.53 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (94.09 KiB) Viewed 3377 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (116.42 KiB) Viewed 3377 times

KING KONG COHO
Petty Officer

Post by KING KONG COHO » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:40 pm

DSCN0040[1].jpg
DSCN0040[1].jpg (245.55 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Dan> This high water event sure put a damper on what has been a banner year up here! A few bright ones O:) from a recent trip! If things calm down (they will) might see a some nice Coho into late December early January!

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:43 pm

went out for some before work black friday madness, I work at fred meyer, only to find killer whales for the 3rd time this week on the sound. no fish, not even squid. a few coho around MA11, some blackmouth also.

2 years ago I got a nice bright clipped 7lb coho in late december by point richmond. no idea what hatchery it was heading too that late.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:04 am

obryan214 wrote:went out for some before work black friday madness, I work at fred meyer, only to find killer whales for the 3rd time this week on the sound. no fish, not even squid. a few coho around MA11, some blackmouth also.

2 years ago I got a nice bright clipped 7lb coho in late december by point richmond. no idea what hatchery it was heading too that late.
Thats interesting. Definetely late fish entering some rivers but a hatchery is more odd. We actually hit a hatchery in the Skagit last week.... And they are usually lonnnng gone by november