Skok

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Skok

Post by RiverChromeGS » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:41 am

kromekrusher wrote:Wow you guys have a lot of spare time.
HES BACK! :cheers:
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:41 am

Jhuynh2 wrote:last time I was there, the natives brought out their nets, gutted quite a few chromers and they took the eggs and threw back these beautiful kings!!! I was going to ask them if I could have the fish but figured they were native. But huge chromers just taken for eggs and thrown back - such a waste. The older natives would be upset for the newer tribes are doing this. Do they even know this act is going on?
I remember seeing this up at Hoodsport before years ago but they were handing out fish to people that wanted them since all they were doing were getting the eggs and throwing the fish back.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:53 pm

Since this hasn't shut down, I have my .02. Haven't read all 18 pages, but a few. I fish the river every fall. Hopefully for a few silvers, but mainly chum. I quit fishing for kings some time back...too many people for me. I understand why it has the reputation it has...I've seen it all, like many. Gets bashed every year. At times you have to scratch your head and think...why do that? But whatever. Seen guys dragging fish ass first then high fiving and keeping, or kicking them back in. Odd netting techniques and fish discarded. I've had epic days with almost nobody fishing, fish after fish to the point that I had to quit because I was tired. Taken new people out who have never caught a salmon, and got them into a memorable experience. One they will remember forever. Were some flossed or foul hooked? Sure. I know the difference. With so many fish in a hole at times, you can't help it. Thing is, I've fished a number of other rivers and have seen the same techniques...AKA flossing/snagging or whatever. Ever fish the Puy? Nisqually? Tolt? Cowlitz? Green? Hoodsport Hatchery? Snohomish? Minter Creek? Can anyone honestly tell me they have not witnessed questionable methods in these places or elsewhere? Constantly setting the hook through a drift. Seen guys from this board possibly and other boards doing it, then damning others for doing it. Salmon or Steelhead. It's everywhere. It comes down to the fisherman, to let his/her conscience and ethics be his/her guide.
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

woady
Petty Officer

Post by woady » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:37 pm

I just wish the river was still open to kings when it reopens. Harvest them boots!

Hendo84
Angler

Post by Hendo84 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:04 pm

woady wrote:I just wish the river was still open to kings when it reopens. Harvest them boots!
When does it reopen? Kings will be off limits?