Surprise while fishin for humps!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
RiverWarrior
Petty Officer

Surprise while fishin for humps!

Post by RiverWarrior » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:42 am

Went to the Puyallup last saturday to see if we could get into some pink action and test out a new rod. The rod is rated for 6-12lbs. Fishing was on the slow side However managed to hook into a very welcome surprise. I tell you fighting a fish with a light rod makes everything more exciting! Ohh yea got it all on video too [thumbsup] Check it out in HD!

mizm05
Commander

Re: Surprise while fishin for humps!

Post by mizm05 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:59 am

Awesome! Nicely done!

EAmon ___hoffman123
Lieutenant

Post by EAmon ___hoffman123 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Sweet fish!! :cheers:
There are some achievements which are never done in the presence of those who hear of them. Catching salmon is one, and working all night is another.
Anthony Trollope

FinChaserNW
Petty Officer

Post by FinChaserNW » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Nicely done!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:03 am

Thats a hella sweet brite king.

Kaptain King
Petty Officer

Post by Kaptain King » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Man that is a great video! What an awesome fish too. Nice and bright...What a complete zoo down there...
"For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing."

RiverWarrior
Petty Officer

Post by RiverWarrior » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks guys! It wasnt a complete zoo, most the people were good company. Always fun meeting new people down on a river!

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:54 pm

I can't see the video
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

doubleo6point9
Petty Officer

Post by doubleo6point9 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:28 pm

Nice king! Is that one of the lamiglas x11's that was on sale at sportsman's warehouse last week?

RiverWarrior
Petty Officer

Post by RiverWarrior » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:17 pm

doubleo6point9 wrote:Nice king! Is that one of the lamiglas x11's that was on sale at sportsman's warehouse last week?
Its actually a custom built rod with a Lamiglas blank, that a friend gave to me. Its an awesome rod to fight the humpies with.

doubleo6point9
Petty Officer

Post by doubleo6point9 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:25 pm

RiverWarrior wrote:
doubleo6point9 wrote:Nice king! Is that one of the lamiglas x11's that was on sale at sportsman's warehouse last week?
Its actually a custom built rod with a Lamiglas blank, that a friend gave to me. Its an awesome rod to fight the humpies with.
Ah ok. It looked close to it so made me wonder since I picked one up while it was on sale. What type of line were you using if you don't mind me asking?

RiverWarrior
Petty Officer

Post by RiverWarrior » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:29 am

doubleo6point9 wrote:
Ah ok. It looked close to it so made me wonder since I picked one up while it was on sale. What type of line were you using if you don't mind me asking?
Ive handled those rods and they feel pretty nice, especially for the price! Im running a Pline main, and leader. The main line is CXX, and the leader is Floroclear. Been using this line combo for a couple years and love it.

doubleo6point9
Petty Officer

Post by doubleo6point9 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:16 am

RiverWarrior wrote:
doubleo6point9 wrote:
Ive handled those rods and they feel pretty nice, especially for the price! Im running a Pline main, and leader. The main line is CXX, and the leader is Floroclear. Been using this line combo for a couple years and love it.

I'm running CXX as well with 12 lb seagar floro on the 8'6 med X11 rod. Just got it though so I haven't really been able to put it to use but it looks like your blank which is seems similar did good job with the king.