wallace anyone

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
chongo469
Commander

Re: wallace anyone

Post by chongo469 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:50 pm

The closest hole to fish by the hatchery is the cedar hole... If you walk to the back of the hatchery, find the intake and head down stream on the road, there is a trail towards the back of the property to the river .. This is the farthest upstream you can fish right now.... Below that is the may creek hole, which is where may creek dumps in, below that is Sherman hole.... Back side of someone's property.. The big bend and hwy 2 bridge is below that... If you wade down stream from the bridge, there is a fantastic spit right at the bend of the river...all the way down from there is almost untouched due to people fishing elbow to elbow at the main holes.... If you can get away from the crowd, you'll have a much more peoductive day

tsath24
Warrant Officer

Post by tsath24 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:32 pm

chongo469 wrote:The closest hole to fish by the hatchery is the cedar hole... If you walk to the back of the hatchery, find the intake and head down stream on the road, there is a trail towards the back of the property to the river .. This is the farthest upstream you can fish right now.... Below that is the may creek hole, which is where may creek dumps in, below that is Sherman hole.... Back side of someone's property.. The big bend and hwy 2 bridge is below that... If you wade down stream from the bridge, there is a fantastic spit right at the bend of the river...all the way down from there is almost untouched due to people fishing elbow to elbow at the main holes.... If you can get away from the crowd, you'll have a much more peoductive day
Thank you chongo, this helps a bunch. Now for some exploring tomorrow... :cheers:

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:39 pm

chongo469 wrote:The closest hole to fish by the hatchery is the cedar hole... If you walk to the back of the hatchery, find the intake and head down stream on the road, there is a trail towards the back of the property to the river .. This is the farthest upstream you can fish right now.... Below that is the may creek hole, which is where may creek dumps in, below that is Sherman hole.... Back side of someone's property.. The big bend and hwy 2 bridge is below that... If you wade down stream from the bridge, there is a fantastic spit right at the bend of the river...all the way down from there is almost untouched due to people fishing elbow to elbow at the main holes.... If you can get away from the crowd, you'll have a much more peoductive day
now that is some knowledge! very kind of you sir to share. can't be said for others who like to stay tight lipped about these hatchery rivers!

slupot
Petty Officer

Post by slupot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:21 pm

I "fished" near the hatchery on Monday evening. I seen many coho caught, a couple summer runs and what seemed to be winter runs. As for my self, i hooked something, it ran down stream and a nick in my main line snapped. With my broken back and rain starting to come down, I just hoofed it out of there.