Green River 2012 Chat

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gringo Pescador

Re: Green River 2012 Chat

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:26 am

Why you are correct! Thanks for pointing that out! How did I miss that ](*,)
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:39 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:Why you are correct! Thanks for pointing that out! How did I miss that ](*,)

You're welcome. When you put your boat into the Duwi, keep me in mind for an open seat or PM me your secret bank fishing spots! [biggrin]

seattlesteban
Petty Officer

Post by seattlesteban » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Last edited by seattlesteban on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:Why you are correct! Thanks for pointing that out! How did I miss that ](*,)

and. that is proof how criptic rhe regs can be to read at times... closing it to boats at this time would be a serious downer.. =;

Ezlivn89
Petty Officer

Post by Ezlivn89 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Green has been fun for me so far, i caught two silvers saturday morning low tide and my buddy caught a 9lb silver, three in an hour wasnt bad. Monday caught a 14-16lb kind had to let go, fat hen, and then today hooked up but lost it, never saw it. Fun times though.

Really surprised about the boat in the river.
It wouldnt be called fishing unless you are always catching, best of luck!

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 am

where does the duwamish end and green start?

and, can you run a small prop boat all the way up to 405 from 1st ave?

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 pm

oneshot wrote:where does the duwamish end and green start?

and, can you run a small prop boat all the way up to 405 from 1st ave?
I think it's downstream of 405, it use to be where the Black River use to dump into the Duwamish. Black River is gone now.

Some stretches are really sketchy for prop boats on the Duwamish, especially low tides. Personally I wouldn't risk it.
Last edited by kzoo on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:25 pm

So how far is "easy nagivating" possible? before it gets sketchy?
how far up is the tide influence as far as levels go?

I've been around that 112th st bridge on super low tide and if i remember right it could be a little tricky, lots of log jams. am i correct?

I know i can go down river through a lot of skinny waters by drifting, its going up that i am concerned about, going up during incoming tide would be best too i'm sure..

i'm seeing a skip work day coming soon, or a developing cough that renders me work useless by around noon/1pm.. river by 2..

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:32 pm

oneshot wrote:So how far is "easy nagivating" possible? before it gets sketchy?
how far up is the tide influence as far as levels go?

I've been around that 112th st bridge on super low tide and if i remember right it could be a little tricky, lots of log jams. am i correct?

I know i can go down river through a lot of skinny waters by drifting, its going up that i am concerned about, going up during incoming tide would be best too i'm sure..

i'm seeing a skip work day coming soon, or a developing cough that renders me work useless by around noon/1pm.. river by 2..
I've seen tide affects past 405, by the Home Depot. Theres just too much crap from 112th and up. Water can get really skinny on the low tide from 405 down. I've seen guys fishing out of a boat up stream of E. Marginal way, but I think they live on that stretch and they don't venture out too much.

Best bet what I hear for boats is to stay below 112th.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Like kzoo said - basically the Duwamish starts at 405. Tidal influence goes clear up to SouthCenter area.
You got about 3 miles of river between 1st Ave S bridge and 112th - all of which a prop should be ok and really upstream from 112th to I-5 should'nt be much of a problem for you either in your boat (especially at hih tide).

Before I found more unknown spots I fished a spot under the hwy 99 bridge (upstream around the corner from 112th) and there was a guy that regularly trolled Dick Nites back & forth from there up past me into Allentown somewhere and back. That bend there directly upstream of 112th (before hwy 99) might be a little skinny at low tide as the inside edge is mud flat and I have seen guys standing as close as 20' or so from the opposite bank there during low tides.

Hope this helps...
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:01 pm

totally helps.. thanks!

I fished the Duwi my 1st salmon season a little bit, it was hard finding access.. I switched rapidly to the Snoho because i used to live out there (before i started fishing again) and I know a lot of the area and back roads. the Duwi is closer to me though and i think a little easier to navigate boat wise than the snoho. lots of tricky sections in the Snoho without a Jet.. i've been all over the Snoho river now by boat. from the town all the way down is no problem in my boat, but i like the upper sections better.

I think i just need to get my boat out there at the Duwi and give it a whirl real soon.. who knows, I may like it again :) i just try not to go south of Sodo if i don't have too.. strong believer in the NOrth EnD.. what what! :pirat: [thumbup]

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:05 pm

Yep!!! I think as long as you're in the boat, it's not the South End....... JK.. [razz]
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!