Skok-chat

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Skok-chat

Post by natetreat » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:13 am

I also pulled out twin 12 pound chromers in hours. First cast fish, and tons of fish.

Dennis316
Petty Officer

Post by Dennis316 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:49 am

seems like the place to be these days! ive been skunked all year, and need a fish :( my wife probably thinks im cheating on her because i always "go fishing" and never come back with anything [cursing]

can anyone point me in the right direction for the skok? im wanting to go on monday. doesnt have to be a secret spot or anything, just a place to start

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:07 pm

I spent the morning on the purdy cutoff. Caught a nice chrome hen right off the bat and she was foul hooked.. I was drifting eggs for the first few hours, unfortunate that somehow I snagged her. I foul hooked about 4 kings somehow.. The few that bit my eggs would come unbuttoned right before being netted. I had terrible luck, the only fish i was able to get in was hooked correctly was a nice 5lb jack. I caught a nice wild king too. The people that started out flossing right off the bat limited out within an hour, which was nice because it left the hole to the bait fishermen. But they walked out with a limit, and I walked out with one tiny jack. I was fishing with 12lb leader, I didnt want to horse them in, so I enjoyed numerous great fights with the end result of losing all but the jack. Hopefully I will be back at the river soon.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:42 pm

went out again today. alot slower then yesterday, but i still limited with a 16, and a 13.5 pounder.
Attachments
fish2.jpg
fish2.jpg (109.5 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:44 pm

ill try to make the pic smaller. sorry guys
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:05 pm

nice! good feeesh!
sounds like the river is loaded! a good friend sent me pics too, his whole crew limited early..

HOOKEDONFISHING
Lieutenant

Post by HOOKEDONFISHING » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Nice fb 2 limits in 2 days....

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks guys ! Im hoping to keep the limits going.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:54 pm

I didnt read the post just looked at the pics and was like "doesnt look like the skok?" ahaha nice fish !

zefsidefishing
Warrant Officer

Post by zefsidefishing » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:08 am

my fishing buddy is heading out to collage, and summers almost over for me, id really like to hook into some kings, we are thinking about taking a road trip to fish the skok, can anyone please share a few spots where i can hook into some kings? would be much appreciated! thank you so much-levi PM me pls

zefsidefishing
Warrant Officer

Post by zefsidefishing » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:09 am

college

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:59 pm

went 2 for 11 yesterday with a 14lb darkish buck that had really nice orange meat and a released half clipped dark "native".

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Today was SLOOW day out there, i hooked into 6. Brought 1 home, about 9 pound bright hatch buck

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:57 pm

zefsidefishing wrote:my fishing buddy is heading out to collage, and summers almost over for me, id really like to hook into some kings, we are thinking about taking a road trip to fish the skok, can anyone please share a few spots where i can hook into some kings? would be much appreciated! thank you so much-levi PM me pls
Drive down Purdy Cuttoff and you'll find a lot of places, there will be fish in every hole. Park where you see the cars and walk down the river until you see the fish.

TheChucklehead
Angler

Post by TheChucklehead » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Went out to the Skok yesterday and hit the 3pm high tide. Fishing was really slow. We fished in the hole we've fished the passed few years and it doesn't seem to be holding the fish quite as well as it used to.

I've heard good things about Clay Banks and the Cedar Hole, but I'm not sure where they're at.

I'll be back out there Wednesday to Saturday hopefully fishing picks up!

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Hey chucklehead,
One thing ive learned at the skok at high tide is its always alot slower, the fish dont hold they just shoot up most of the time.
Clay banks is where i fish at, and the cedar hole is the hole below it.
The clay banks are at hunter farms, walk down the dirt road past the gate, by the cow pastures, first hole on the left good luck

TheChucklehead
Angler

Post by TheChucklehead » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Thanks for the info! We were fishing right between the two holes apparently. I'm really excited to get back out there! Good luck everyone.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:03 pm

man thankgoodness I check the regs, I was about to fish the skok on thursday above the 106 bridge but it is closed basically all week :scratch: maybe friday...

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Yeah everywhere above the 106 bridge is closed mon-thurs. not a problem for me i dont fish there ;p

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Brat Bonker wrote:man thankgoodness I check the regs, I was about to fish the skok on thursday above the 106 bridge but it is closed basically all week :scratch: maybe friday...
bonkers just thinkabout it yo woulda had da hoe all to yo self ,yo be like where is everyone hahaha :scratch: [woot] ...they will bite egg way better below bridge in deep slow pool
I FISH THEREFORE I AM