Website

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
FishingThePacNW
Commander

Website

Post by FishingThePacNW » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi i just mad a website and i was just sayin you guys should check it out it http://www.wix.com/chandlernoll/fishing ... cnorthwest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,
Chandler

kzoo
Commodore

Re: Website

Post by kzoo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:35 pm

Pretty good! Keep up the good work young Chandler!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Well, well, well. All those lovely cutthroat trout that came from the "Sammamish River", present a little bit of a problem for me on a couple levels. First is this months picture and then the handling practices shown. I'm not sure I would want to be admitting that I ignored the regs for several thousand in fines.

In case you didn't understand the rules, here they are.

SAMMAMISH RIVER (Slough) (King
Co.) from 68th Ave. NE Bridge to Lake
Sammamish
All species - selective gear rules. Internal combustion motors prohibited.
TROUT Jan. 1-Aug. 31 Catch-and-release.
Other Game Fish Jan. 1-Aug. 31 Statewide min. size/daily limit.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Wouldn't it be possible that the fish was released from the net in which it was photographed in, just prior to it's release? I would guess YES

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Yes of course the fish was released! I wouldent keep anything out of the slough its kinda nasty water!

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Also i accidentally dropped it i didnt throw it! It was an accident!!

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:54 pm

And that trout and the Pikeminnow both lived!!!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:09 pm

I still say read the regs and be careful what you are doing. I saw the other pics. and the video too, you have a very recognizable structure in the back ground. C&R fish do not leave the water, period. Selective gear means no bait or scent of any kind. The fish are protected for a reason.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Bodofish wrote:I still say read the regs and be careful what you are doing. I saw the other pics. and the video too, you have a very recognizable structure in the back ground. C&R fish do not leave the water, period. Selective gear means no bait or scent of any kind. The fish are protected for a reason.
Not to hijack, but I get the C&R fish do not leave the water...I can read the regs. Am I as well as how many other anglers that C&R bass or other fish violating the rule by holding them up as in my avatar? BTW nice site and keep up the good work [thumbsup]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:32 pm

BassDood wrote:
Bodofish wrote:I still say read the regs and be careful what you are doing. I saw the other pics. and the video too, you have a very recognizable structure in the back ground. C&R fish do not leave the water, period. Selective gear means no bait or scent of any kind. The fish are protected for a reason.
Not to hijack, but I get the C&R fish do not leave the water...I can read the regs. Am I as well as how many other anglers that C&R bass or other fish violating the rule? BTW nice site and keep up the good work [thumbsup]
Nope, that rule applies to salmon, steelhead, and those type fishes.
Tom.

Interests: living

Snowbird2008
Petty Officer

Post by Snowbird2008 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:39 pm

I don't know that picture of you holding the squawfish and trout att the same time looks dead.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (80.55 KiB) Viewed 4943 times

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Thank you Tom

FishingThePacNW
Commander

Post by FishingThePacNW » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Me and my dad had a double hook up he got the minnow and i got the trout

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Leave it to bodo lol

Nice job kid!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:37 pm

Yep leave it to me....... Regs are Regs. Would it be OK if he hopped in a car and ran over a few people? Or robbed a bank? Breaking the law is breaking the law. How would you bass guys feel if he was having a nice large mouth dinner???

PS I'm very happy you were able to make a web site. In case you haven't noticed, this website is devoted to the same things as your web site. The only difference is here there are paying members, paying sponsors and huge amout of work by a couple of great guys. If you would like to create a competing web site I would suggest advertising it on Pescatorial Persuits or just go out and hire some SEO folks to get you noticed on Google. Piggy backing is no way to start a web presents.

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:13 pm

If the bass was legal and and kept..so be it. I have no problem with someone keeping what is legal. The whole analogy of running over people or robbing banks is a little much. He's a kid and trying. More than a lot of folks do. I seriously doubt he's competing with Mike and Aaron. My guess is he's an enthusiast like most of us. I say..don't rain on his parade. Just my .02

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Chandler, you're to be commended for your efforts, from someone who started long ago and put a lot of time and effort into getting were we are today. That said, Bodofish has a point. It's important to remember when you post stuff on the internet, and especially make a web site, the content is going to be examined and dissected, so make sure it's as accurate as you can make it.

Also, when posting on other people's sites it's considerate to ask permission to post links to one's own site otherwise it can be taken as spam and rude behavior. In general, web sites don't appreciate other, competing sites to post links on their forums.I'm not offended or annoyed, just letting you know how things work out on the internet.

If you happen to go to the Puyallup Sportsman Show this year you and your dad stop by and say "hi", I'd be happy to talk with you about your web site.

Good luck with your endevour!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Thanks Mike!! I think it's great he's out to start a web page. My concern from the start was posting illegal activities on the web. A number of paochers have been caught because of their web presents. It does happen. One might re-think posting pictures and videos of illegal activities. Just my .02.......
Last edited by Bodofish on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Bodofish wrote:I still say read the regs and be careful what you are doing. C&R fish do not leave the water, period.
Here is the WDFW definition of Catch and Release.....

Page 18:
Catch-and-Release Fishing- A type of fishing
where all of the fish caught are immediately
released back into the water.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:22 am

Congratulations on your new adventure. You have a good start. I really like your photo of the month with the Cutthroat. Nice photo.

I remember a few years back that a young man built a fishing website for a class project and mentioned it on this site. At that time he received a lot of support from the members of this site. Is this a school project?

I am always willing to help young people with their interest in fishing. As your project grows, you will learn the ins and outs of operating a website. Don't get discouraged. It will evolve.

I registered on your site and gave you a link to a video that I made of the Owyhee River in Oregon. You are more than welcome to add it to your video collection if you like.

Good luck! :)