BOOT OF THE YEAR

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Matt
Admiral

RE:BOOT OF THE YEAR

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:40 pm

OMG Spokey's fish takes the cake so far. The eggs flying out of its ass are definitely give it the winning edge.....:chef:
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:31 pm

my boot out of the wallace river 20 pounds it ran down river and after unhooking it it died!
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:39 pm

got this soreback outta the skookuchuk when i was out lookin to see if there was anything shiny there
Attachments
boot.jpg
boot.jpg (111.71 KiB) Viewed 2021 times
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Dang spokey, you are SCHOOLING us on the boots. Think you got the top 2 going here so far this season!:-& RIPE...
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Doesn't count if you just reach out and grab it, LOL! I don't think even Curado would smoke that one up!!! :^o LOL!

fisherman31579
Petty Officer

Post by fisherman31579 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:19 pm

spokey9 wrote:got this soreback outta the skookuchuk when i was out lookin to see if there was anything shiny there
i knew what spot that fish was from before i even read the caption hahahaha! i have fished up there for a while now and the only chrome your gonna see there is the seelies. that new fish ladder is sick though!!!!!!

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:47 am

Matt wrote:Doesn't count if you just reach out and grab it, LOL! I don't think even Curado would smoke that one up!!! :^o LOL!
that's sushi grade right there !!!!

the new fish ladder is pretty sweet! i thought i saw something that looked nice up against the bank (before i hooked that thing). figured it might be a silver, couldve been a steelie though.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:16 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:
knotabassturd wrote:PS- how do I just put the pic instead of as an attach? Is the file size too big? TIA...
Yeah I think your file size is too big. Somebody will tell you what the max is (I don't remember), but I try to compress mine down to about 100kb before posting.
I think it's 200kb or so.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:35 am

Mike Carey wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:
knotabassturd wrote:PS- how do I just put the pic instead of as an attach? Is the file size too big? TIA...
Yeah I think your file size is too big. Somebody will tell you what the max is (I don't remember), but I try to compress mine down to about 100kb before posting.
I think it's 200kb or so.
Thanx Mike (and GringoP), I've been shrinking/compressing them and it seems to work in the forums.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:33 am

Ok heres a nasty boot pulled outta Barrier dam. It was missing part of its face. Both eyes was buldging out. I mean this thing was nasty. I didnt touch it, just took the pliers to the hook. I think this is just below sushi grade spokey. lol
Attachments
boooooot.jpg
boooooot.jpg (12.65 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
More fish please!

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:41 pm

flinginpooh wrote:Ok heres a nasty boot pulled outta Barrier dam. It was missing part of its face. Both eyes was buldging out. I mean this thing was nasty. I didnt touch it, just took the pliers to the hook. I think this is just below sushi grade spokey. lol
I think we have a winner.... :-& :-&
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:45 pm

nope dogs havent started yet lol
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:16 pm

curado wrote:nope dogs havent started yet lol

hahahaha, for real.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Fish_Bait111397 wrote:
flinginpooh wrote:Ok heres a nasty boot pulled outta Barrier dam. It was missing part of its face. Both eyes was buldging out. I mean this thing was nasty. I didnt touch it, just took the pliers to the hook. I think this is just below sushi grade spokey. lol
I think we have a winner.... :-& :-&
If he made sushi out of it he would certainly be out front:-& :-& Looks more like zombie than boot though. That mold, yeesh. Those things go thru hell before they finally kick over...

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:27 pm

ok lets make this interesting lets have a poll made so that way we can have a prize give away for the uglyest boot of the year
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:17 am

Even better then catching boots is smelling rotting boots. 4 years ago I fished the upper Satsop after a real high water that flooded the Shafer Park campground. The smell of dead doggies was so bad it was hard to walk thru them getting to the river.I was gagging on that smell all day .
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:07 pm

curado wrote:ok lets make this interesting lets have a poll made so that way we can have a prize give away for the uglyest boot of the year
Good idea but maybe wait for a certain date to vote so people can get in some more of their uglies. Mine have been too pretty lately darn it:-" :-" If I had to vote right now, it'd be spokey's spawner shot (egg spew).
Crankbait's 'nook is real old and pretty too. Clean but fully ripe.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:45 pm

I gotta go myself. Both spokeys and crank baits fish arent missing parts. Mine not only was missing part of its face replaced with a yellow mush. The eyes on both sides was buldging. Every fin had some moldy yuck on it. Its load was already spent the belly was mush. Its one of those fish you dont wanna touch without gloves. maybe I should bring gloves with me. A pic outta water would look alot worse. I just couldnt touch that thing. I mean really it was gross. It was also over 20lbs. That pic looked small but it was a beastly thing.
More fish please!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:40 pm

The end date should just be the end of 2010 coming up. Dec. 31st, that should be right around the time some REAL ZOMBIE chums are swimming around, lol! Then once we get past the end of the year we can go back through and make a vote for the nastiest one.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Matt wrote:The end date should just be the end of 2010 coming up. Dec. 31st, that should be right around the time some REAL ZOMBIE chums are swimming around, lol! Then once we get past the end of the year we can go back through and make a vote for the nastiest one.
I'll second that. And I'm gonna start taking my camera out with me from now on. Get ready for some macro zombie pics boys.