Recommended Reading

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
leahcim_dahc
Commander

Recommended Reading

Post by leahcim_dahc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm

I have started looking through different books regarding the sport of fly fishing. Whether fly tying books, tactics, or books on stream and stillwater critters. Below is a list of books I have looked into, and would like your opinion on whether these would be decent books and what books you would recommend I read through. Thanks!

The Orvis Fly-Fishing Guide
Hatches II: A Complete Guide to the Hatches of North American Trout Streams
The Orvis Ultimate Book of Fly Fishing: Secrets from the Orvis Experts
Fish Flies: The Encyclopedia of the Fly Tier's Art
Fly Pattern Encyclopedia: Federation of Fly Fishers

I have been looking over book reviews on flyanglersonline.com, and there is an extensive list I'd eventually like to get to, but for now, those listed above would be a decent start. Thanks!

Chad
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

banzai
Angler

RE:Recommended Reading

Post by banzai » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:24 pm

I'd add to that "The Curtis Creek Manifesto".It's a great primer.

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”