New Fly Fishing Waders

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kutthroatkilla
Commander

New Fly Fishing Waders

Post by kutthroatkilla » Sat May 31, 2008 10:27 am

Alright, here's my dilemma maybe someone can help me out. I'm a big guy. I stand 6'5" 190 with a size 15 foot. I just tried on the Alaskan Guide Dry Plus Chest Waders in size XL Regular Width from CABELAS and the foot lining is pushing in my toes and it's quite uncomfortable!!

Question: What do you recommend for waders in the $150-$250 category that will fit my size 15 foot? I'm even inclined to pay up to $300 for a good fit...my toes get smashed pretty good in those waders. Anyone else have a large foot?

Thanks guys!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 31, 2008 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

kutthroatkilla
Commander

RE:New Fly Fishing Waders

Post by kutthroatkilla » Sat May 31, 2008 11:01 am

I'm looking at the Dan Bailey's right now. I'm going to need something custom, I'm quite sure of it...

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Sat May 31, 2008 1:20 pm

I was pouring through the waders online and couldn't find much. Most of the waders I've seen have feet sizes up to 13 and that's about it. Unfortunately, I would almost bet you'll be looking at something custom in that size. Maybe not...I'll look again later and see what I come up with.

Chad
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Sat May 31, 2008 5:37 pm

leahcim_dahc wrote:I was pouring through the waders online and couldn't find much. Most of the waders I've seen have feet sizes up to 13 and that's about it. Unfortunately, I would almost bet you'll be looking at something custom in that size. Maybe not...I'll look again later and see what I come up with.

Chad
Thanks Chad!

produce2troutcat
Petty Officer

Post by produce2troutcat » Sat May 31, 2008 6:17 pm

I tried on a some waders at Outdoor Emporium ,they were the Caddis breathable stocking foot waders,they were for size 11-13 but the foot was huge.I wear a size 12 and these were about 1.5-2 inches too long.Ended up returning them and bought the Wright& Mcgill waders which fit great.The Caddis waders were about $70-80.Hope this helps,Mike.

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Sat May 31, 2008 6:41 pm

produce2troutcat wrote:I tried on a some waders at Outdoor Emporium ,they were the Caddis breathable stocking foot waders,they were for size 11-13 but the foot was huge.I wear a size 12 and these were about 1.5-2 inches too long.Ended up returning them and bought the Wright& Mcgill waders which fit great.The Caddis waders were about $70-80.Hope this helps,Mike.
Another great tip Mike. I will head in there tomorrow. Thanks once again!

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”