Fall check in

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sealegs
Warrant Officer

Fall check in

Post by sealegs » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi everyone!
Just checking in after limited fishing from April to present. I did catch my first pink on my 6wt and the catch was actually uneventful. I expected more of a fight. Anyway, I'm off to the Sky tomorrow with my 6wt and 8wt for some Coho!

:fish:

drysuperfly52
Commander

Re: Fall check in

Post by drysuperfly52 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:42 pm

i have tried 3 times this week for coho on the sky with my 7wt. No silvers but did get a couple pinks they are in the lower sky thick right now.
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

jonb
Commander

Re: Fall check in

Post by jonb » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:54 am

Id try the upper snohomish with the fly, a nymph or streamer under an indicator would be best fished near logs imo. I prefer the swing but youll loose lots of leader and flies that way in the shallow fast snaggy stuff. Fish the shallow loggy rifle water early in the am. White shrimp nymphs or Black and purple bunny leeches or egg sucking bunny leeches should produce bites. As the sun gets above the tree line id move to deeper, slower water with a 9 grain sink tip and swing streamers, again egg sucking bunny leeches being my go to. Try to situate yourself to where the very end of your swing is near some structure, whether it be a log or big rock or whatever. They are really holding tight in that snaggy stuff, but are much more bitey than the coho ive been finding in open water. Its worth loosing a couple flies if it means bagging a coho or 10. Good luck.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”