Lake Aeneas update

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
nwflycaster
Petty Officer

Lake Aeneas update

Post by nwflycaster » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:16 am

Hey everyone, new member here.

Life, job, kids schedules and other hobbies have kept me from fishing like I used to do. I always used to go for the weekend opener at Lake Aeneas and loved it there. But sadly my last trip must be close to 10 years ago now and I miss it. Anyway, the last time I went, there had been some kind of disease or something introduced into the lake. Fishing was poor, and the fish were lethargic, swimming near the surface, and had some kind of slimy brown film on them. I had heard that the lake had been retenoned sometime after that but never got that information confirmed.

Is the lake back to good fishing quality nowadays? I'm looking for a small little lake like this to take one of my sons for a weekend of camping and an intro to fly fishing. Aeneas was my first thought as I'm familiar with it and the size isn't such that he and I can't easily paddle or row over the each other if we want. I used to love that first hour after dark, the lake always seemed to really come to life then. The dive bombing bats were entertaining too.

Thanks for any info.
Jeff

zen leecher
Commander

Re: Lake Aeneas update

Post by zen leecher » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:26 am

Camping at Quincy Lake during March or April.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:09 am

zen leecher wrote:Camping at Quincy Lake during March or April.
Dang, I was there but spent most of my time at Martha, Saw some real scurvy characters at the Burk parking lot and decided to keep my truck where I could see it.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:13 am

NWFlyCaster, shake me down anytime. I work Sun through Wed and I'm finishing up the woodwork on the drifter so I'll be ready shortly for some Yak'in.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”