fly fishing near Kent?

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
casey belarde
Petty Officer

fly fishing near Kent?

Post by casey belarde » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:24 pm

I'm heading over to kent from Spokane, for work staying the week , anywhere close to get in some fly fishing?
class is usually over around 3, plan on spending the rest of the day on the water, wading, I could even bring my lil pontoon if needed. oh and of course what type of flies.
thanks for the input

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: fly fishing near Kent?

Post by Bodofish » Sun May 04, 2014 7:14 pm

Check out wdfw site and or bing or goog maps of the area, lots of little lakes. The toon would be great. as far as flys, anything buggerish in black olive or brown, in about a 8 and bigger. Any bugger, leach, streamerish with a little flash. And of course if you want to get serious any tiny black bead head chronomids work in any of the lakes. Even the stockers are fun, can't keep 'em off the line. =)
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: fly fishing near Kent?

Post by Amx » Sun May 04, 2014 7:25 pm

Meridian, Sawyer, Lake Wilderness, all east of Kent. Other small lakes in the Auburn/Federal Way areas like Steel and such. I don't know what the rivers are doing or what fish in the rivers are in season. Also depends what specie of fish you primarily want to catch. Sawyer the speed limit is 35 from 2pm to 7pm, and Meridian is 35 from 9am to 6pm, so you'd have to put up with speed boats. The smaller lakes don't allow gas motors for the most part. Wilderness has trout, and bass so I hear, no gas motors.
Tom.

Interests: living

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”