Have you fly fished.....

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
FlyfishingERIC
Petty Officer

Have you fly fished.....

Post by FlyfishingERIC » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:24 am

I am going to go to jerry johnson hot springs in idaho in about 3days has anyone fished the lochsa? I know its in idaho but I still figured I might get lucky and run across someone who has if so any info would be nice. And if anyone is wanting to know how it went just let me know and I will tell you when I get back. Try to get some pic's also. Thanks for the help everyone> I a m new here but will try and give as much as I ask for> [thumbup]

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Have you fly fished.....

Post by Bodofish » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 am

You might check out Meanchicken.net on the forum in the hunting and fishing threads. A lot of ID guys BSing jet boats and some fishing and hunting too. I know there are a couple guys that fish around there on that forum, fly too.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

perchboy
Angler

Re: Have you fly fished.....

Post by perchboy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Try Rocky Ford creek in Grant county. It is very well known and heavily fished but it is well stocked. Note there are a lot of restrictions inorder to maintain it as a quality fishery. You can not wade into the creek. It is catch and release only. And it is flyfishing only with single barbless hooks. I fished it to day and hook 3 nice ones. nothing under 16 inches. My partner landed one 23 inches and it was easily over 5 pounds.

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”