Looking for good Fly Fishing waters near Monroe

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
GoingtoFish
Warrant Officer

Looking for good Fly Fishing waters near Monroe

Post by GoingtoFish » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:08 am

Been having a ball learning to fly fish for the last 10+ years. ;) My son has recently started to enjoy it to. Unfortunately I don't get out much to fly fish and I’m not sure where the small rivers/creeks are near Monroe that would be good for my son and I where we can catch something bigger than a 3 or 4 inch brookie. That is all we have caught. Can anyone recommend a small river or stream with easy access within 20-30 minutes of Monroe that may produce some larger fish?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tight Lines!

Gringo Pescador

Re: Looking for good Fly Fishing waters near Monroe

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:18 am

Now that the Skykomish water level is dropping you should be able to find plenty of places to throw flies for steelhead and dollys - they would be a little bigger than thos brookies :fish:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:20 am

I second Gringo - also the sultan river and wallace river are perfect spots out there for cutthroat and dollies and a few steelhead mixed in.

rcthepirate
Lieutenant

Post by rcthepirate » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:37 am

If you are willing to travel a bit further I always like to recommend the cedar river. It's all the way down near Renton, but it's a great spot with a ton of bank access and plenty of average to decent sized cutthroat and rainbows that are more than willing to take a nymph or a dry.

GoingtoFish
Warrant Officer

Post by GoingtoFish » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Thanks guys. We are going to head up by the Wallace and see what we can pick up and then move over to the sultan.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Remember that it's only the lower stretch that is open, I'd hate to see you get a ticket.

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”