Stilly.

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
tsath24
Warrant Officer

Stilly.

Post by tsath24 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:36 am

Has anyone ever fished the North Fork on the Stillaguamish?...Want to try for some chrome on the fly rod. If anyone has been there and knows a good hole with directions it would be much appreciated. [thumbsup]

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Stilly.

Post by natetreat » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Just fish along the highway at the bridges. There is plenty of water out there to cover. Not the best fishery, but you can find a lot of dollies and cutts as well.

tsath24
Warrant Officer

Post by tsath24 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:28 am

natetreat wrote:Just fish along the highway at the bridges. There is plenty of water out there to cover. Not the best fishery, but you can find a lot of dollies and cutts as well.
So basically just drive along the 530 (Arlington-Darrington RD)? That is a ton of water to cover!I've been wanting to switch it up and put some fish on the fly rod for a change. It'd be nice to feel a tug from a steelhead on the fly.

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Plenty of nice spots right off the highway, if you do some hiking from some of the bridges and pull offs there are some killer holes. I dont know how well you will do on steel but my old fishing buddy and me used to pull 16 inch plus trout every trip. Good luck!

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”