Very beginner fly fisherman - float tube advice

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
pranzini
Angler

Very beginner fly fisherman - float tube advice

Post by pranzini » Tue May 15, 2012 9:08 am

Hello,
I am avery novice fly fisherman [cast once or twice] and someone gave me a float tube. I live in Kirkland and wondering about best places to practise float tubing and casting? Small lakes? Thank you.

BentRod
Admiral

Re: Very beginner fly fisherman - float tube advice

Post by BentRod » Tue May 15, 2012 10:15 am

Any of the small lakes around the area would probably work, but Beaver Lake and Pine Lake both offer a good environment for that. Good luck and have fun. :cheers:

pranzini
Angler

Post by pranzini » Tue May 15, 2012 10:20 am

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue May 15, 2012 11:46 am

I know you said small lakes, but if you are in Kirkland and just want to practice you could probably just hit some of the Lake Washington Parks near you and just kick up & down the shoreline.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

tsath24
Warrant Officer

Post by tsath24 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm

@pranzini....I know it's not a lake, but Sammamish River in Woodinville at Wilmot Gateway Park has been good practicing grounds for me lately. I live in Kirkland by Juanita Beach as well and it's only about a 10 minute drive. I will actually be there today if you want to try it out.

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”