A magnificent fly fishing video from YouTube

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
p.t.
Warrant Officer

A magnificent fly fishing video from YouTube

Post by p.t. » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Carp fly fishing in Japan

Seems it hasn't been shared on this website. But truly a wonderful video.

(Just finished watching "Scent of a woman", Al Pacino rocks! If there is a best dancing scene in the world, it has to be the Tango scene in this movie. It's way better than "Shall we dance", or "Chicago", or Robert de Nero in that what-its-called movie. How about fly-fishing? What's the best fly-fishing, or any fishing, scene you've ever seen? I know some people would vote for "A river runs through it", but personally, I can only give it a 5, out of 10. So, right now, I can't think of any fly-fishing scene that moves me.)
Last edited by p.t. on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:A magnificent fly fishing video from YouTube

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:13 pm

It is a very nice video. Well done. However I just can't bring myself to fly fishing for those things. A face only a mother could love.[laugh]

raffensg64
Commander

Post by raffensg64 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 am

That was freaking awesome!!! Looked like a ton of fun, too! Thanks for sharing.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:13 pm

That was awesome! And on a dry fly LOL! Liked that whole partially submerging the reel when they're screaming too. Just stumbled on this vid even tho U posted it up awhile ago.:cheers:

p.t.- for me the end of A River Runs Through it when it actually shows the footage of Maclean on the water... I believe he died before the movie was officially released but they still had that footage of him. So when we saw that footage, he'd already passed. Redford managed to get him out on the water to film that. And was able to convince Maclean to make the movie too (not an easy task). Putting it into the context of his life and all, and it really seemed like he knew he was about at the end of life in that scene and was reflecting on what is not describable in life but sure is felt...

This carp video is cool but the music doesn't match up well for me. That's OK, I just muted it and watched. Lots of fun watching it.

PS- Young Men and Fire is another great read by Maclean although nothing to do with fishing. I couldn't put the thing down until I finished it. Pretty intense.
Last edited by knotabassturd on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”