Info Blackman's Lake, Snohomish

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mike Smith
Petty Officer

Info Blackman's Lake, Snohomish

Post by Mike Smith » Sun May 15, 2011 8:54 pm

I live close to Blackman's Lake in Snohomish and so stop by to check out the action from time to time. Went over to visit today with guys fishing from the dock at the City Park there at about 1:30PM. Nothing happening!
Fishing is cool, rainy and real, real slow. Weather: light, continuous rain; temp was about 57; lake nearly deserted. No boats on water. One fish caught off the dock, a large bass feeding on worms on the bottom. Think I'll fish at home today.

Matt
Admiral

RE:Info Blackman's Lake, Snohomish

Post by Matt » Sun May 15, 2011 10:24 pm

It you click on the "reports" tab up above then "submit report" you can submit this as a detailed fishing report and it will be logged forever!

Just sayin....:-"
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

Mike Smith
Petty Officer

RE:Info Blackman's Lake, Snohomish

Post by Mike Smith » Tue May 31, 2011 11:22 pm

I ran into a guy at Blackmon Lake the other day who said he had been fishing the lake for many years. The Lake is still dead slow and it should be much better now. This guy said that the reason fishing there is slow is the the Lake is over run with Carp. There are mucho planted trout in that Lake planted this Spring, including a couple hundred triploids.
Can Carp have such a negative effect on large numbers of recently planted fish? Could that be the reason the fishing is so slow?

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”