Marshall Lake, skunked.

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Lotech Joe
Commodore

Marshall Lake, skunked.

Post by Lotech Joe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:28 am

I fished Marshall Lake in Pend Orielle county Saturday and got skunked. I rowed about half the lake dragging last year's favorite fly and the only bite I got was as I was getting ready to leave the lake. There must have been a wind storm earlier because there was a lot of debris on the surface, plus there was lots of pine pollen. The 4" dinks were taking wind drifted midges but that was the only action I saw. I didn't even bother to post a report. It's a beautiful lake but there were no fish to be had on that Saturday.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

raffensg64
Commander

RE:Marshall Lake, skunked.

Post by raffensg64 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Sorry to hear that, Joe! My favorite local lake, Medical, has slowed tremendously these past few weeks. Although it's been a cooler spring/summer thus far, I think the summer doldrums have set it. Now, we'll have to wait until September!

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”