Sammamish River!

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gringo Pescador

Re: Sammamish River!

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:16 am

Bodofish wrote:The Slough is closed to all motorized traffic upstream of the where the Burk Gillman crosses (the bridge) just before the big interchange. Personally I wouldn't go much past the boat launch with a motor, the rafts of Algae can clog your cooling system bad.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out Bodo - it didn't register when I read it. That is up just past the trailer park right?
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:17 am

yeah i think i will try it with the troller one of these evenings after work.. just for the adventure of slough exploring :)

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:35 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:
Bodofish wrote:The Slough is closed to all motorized traffic upstream of the where the Burk Gillman crosses (the bridge) just before the big interchange. Personally I wouldn't go much past the boat launch with a motor, the rafts of Algae can clog your cooling system bad.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out Bodo - it didn't register when I read it. That is up just past the trailer park right?
Yep.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:36 am

oneshot wrote:yeah i think i will try it with the troller one of these evenings after work.. just for the adventure of slough exploring :)
Don't forget the bug juice. They get real bad in the evening.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

tsath24
Warrant Officer

Post by tsath24 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 am

Bodofish wrote:
oneshot wrote:yeah i think i will try it with the troller one of these evenings after work.. just for the adventure of slough exploring :)
Don't forget the bug juice. They get real bad in the evening.
That's where the dry flies come handy... ;) except there's no cutthroat to be found in this heat.... :sunny:

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”