My Daughter Came By Today

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Lotech Joe
Commodore

My Daughter Came By Today

Post by Lotech Joe » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:20 pm

Daughter came by and presented me with a pretty nice gift. She paid $100 to a guy looking to liquidate some stuff so he could go to Alaska. One of the 3 rods she bought was a Ross Worldwide model Essence FW, 8 1/2 foot, 5 weight, 4 piece with aluminum tube. I took it outside and cast it from the sitting position, and shot line over 60' on the second cast. WOW, nice stick. It is a pretty a rod as I've ever seen and the fit and finish is second to none. All I had to pay for it was a hug and a kiss. I think I made out on both ends of that deal.
I'M JUST TICKLED!
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

VHMLLC
Commander

RE:My Daughter Came By Today

Post by VHMLLC » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:40 pm

life dont get any better than this. well maybe it could but damm thats nice. happy flying. :cheers:

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Joe,

sounds like you've got your daughter dialed in just right to how to shop and look for a bargain. I am picturing you in the sitting position shooting line 60'!
Have fun.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:02 am

The Quadfather wrote:Joe,

sounds like you've got your daughter dialed in just right to how to shop and look for a bargain. I am picturing you in the sitting position shooting line 60'!
Have fun.
This photo of me was taken on the Lochsa River in North Idaho. It used to be captioned, "Once a Boat Fisherman, Always a Boat Fisherman."

Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”