Trout help

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
LargemouthSD
Angler

Trout help

Post by LargemouthSD » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:50 am

Hello home my name is James I'm from San Diego largemouth capital of the world!! I'm a hard-core bass fisherman and I flyfish for trout in the Eastern Sierra in streams and rivers with excellent results. Hike for 2-3 hours and catch as many trout as one would like on dries.
I am currently on vacation I am staying in upper Preston in the Issaquah/Snoqualmie area. I'm looking for any tips and information on hike or dirt road drive-in areas that I could fish for trout. I practice strict CPR (catch photo release) I always pinch my Barb's regardless of where I'm fishing, for me it is about the scenery and the enjoyment of getting a tug on the line.
So far I have fished the three Forks Park area, upper north fork and the middle Fork of the Snoqualmie River the results have been dismal at best. I also headed up into the mountains and fished a small creek and caught small trout nothing over 6".
I have wade boots so access not be a problem on small streams I also have my float tube and waders. If there's a good lake/river/stream that somebody could recommend preferably a quiet place that will get me into some trout I'd truly appreciate it!

I'm happy to hike if it means good fishing also don't mind driving on a dirt road if it means good fishing. I'm willing to drive anywhere within a couple hours of here.

If somebody could shoot me a PM I will not Post locations or pics that will give away locations only pics of trout and gear in the report.

Also if anyone is heading down to Southern California and needs some tips on the bass scene I'm happy to divulge any of my information. I have the best hook up at Barrett lake in San Diego it costs $180 a day to fish it but an average guy can get 30-100 bass a day with several 5#'s if you have good trout tips/locations I will take you to this lake as my "guest"

Thanks in advice!
Tight lines to all.

drysuperfly52
Commander

Re: Trout help

Post by drysuperfly52 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:48 am

working on a PM,
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

LargemouthSD
Angler

Post by LargemouthSD » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:55 am

I appreciate that,

Sorry about the duplicate post, :-"

mpagul
Angler

Post by mpagul » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:23 am

Rattlesnake lake outside of North Bend isnt a half bad area and has some good access points. It can get busy with the nice weather so I would recommend getting there early. here is also a good site that shows a ton oh High lakes, some are easier to get to than others.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”