Best Day Of Fly Fishing.

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Best Day Of Fly Fishing.

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:48 am

Well, i took about a half a year break from fly fishing and then the other day my buddy called me an told me i should come and fish his private pond. So i said alright and i took my spinning rod, and my fly rod. My first cast with my spinning rod i hooked up an landed a nice 22 inch cutt. 2nd cast i landed a 18 inch rainbow. I was slaying the fish with a little wooly bugger jig 1/8 oz.After 7 or 8 fish i picked up my fly rod and started casting with a wooly bugger, i was catching so many fish, it was amazing, i was hooked, and I dont think ill take another break from fly fishing anytime soon. I ended up landing 62 trout in 3 hours, About 20 were on my spinning rod, the rest on the fly rod. The smallest one was 16 inches, and the biggest was a beautiful 26 inch cutt! A mix between rainbows and cutts it was an amazing day. he said he use to have 4 rainbows between 16-18 pounds but the beavers got them. I had pictures of the 26 inch cutt, but my phone broke so no pictures. It was also my biggest trout ive ever caught ! Good luck an tight lines
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

tsath24
Warrant Officer

Re: Best Day Of Fly Fishing.

Post by tsath24 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:12 am

FishBaitThe2nd wrote:Well, i took about a half a year break from fly fishing and then the other day my buddy called me an told me i should come and fish his private pond. So i said alright and i took my spinning rod, and my fly rod. My first cast with my spinning rod i hooked up an landed a nice 22 inch cutt. 2nd cast i landed a 18 inch rainbow. I was slaying the fish with a little wooly bugger jig 1/8 oz.After 7 or 8 fish i picked up my fly rod and started casting with a wooly bugger, i was catching so many fish, it was amazing, i was hooked, and I dont think ill take another break from fly fishing anytime soon. I ended up landing 62 trout in 3 hours, About 20 were on my spinning rod, the rest on the fly rod. The smallest one was 16 inches, and the biggest was a beautiful 26 inch cutt! A mix between rainbows and cutts it was an amazing day. he said he use to have 4 rainbows between 16-18 pounds but the beavers got them. I had pictures of the 26 inch cutt, but my phone broke so no pictures. It was also my biggest trout ive ever caught ! Good luck an tight lines
Wow, that's amazing. If I had as good as luck as you with the fly rod I wouldn't set it down either. Thumbs up to you kid!

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks man !
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

dbk
Petty Officer

Post by dbk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Great day on the pond-nice work! Curious to know a bit more about this pond. Does you friend allow the public to use it (ie. "pay to play" if you will)?

tsath24
Warrant Officer

Post by tsath24 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:02 am

dbk wrote:Great day on the pond-nice work! Curious to know a bit more about this pond. Does you friend allow the public to use it (ie. "pay to play" if you will)?

"Pay to play"....HA! I like that...where is this pond though... :-$

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:23 am

Hahah, its my friends dads pond by the curlew creek hatchery. Her dad is reallllly picky on when he will let someone fish there, i havent been able to fish there since because he said the fish need to calm down for a while. So im not even sure when i will get to fish there again, its not open for a pay to play. lol

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”