Lake Union

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jake_k
Warrant Officer

Lake Union

Post by jake_k » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:30 am

going to try lake union today from shore most likly going to try around the wooden boat center any other ideas or lures that will work best

kzoo
Commodore

RE:Lake Union

Post by kzoo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:20 pm

jigs, jerkbaits and rattletraps for this type of weather.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:29 pm

From June on I have fished along the Burke Gillman trail, from the Fremont bridge going towards the locks. During the summer it has been decent there, not great but decent. Usually fished crainkbaits or rattletraps. There also is some sort of abandoned dock along the East edge a little N. of all S. lake Union clubs.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:32 pm

The wooden boat center area is good. Another good Lk Union area is from the west end of the Montlake cut near the Seattle Yacht club Down to all around the Ivars Salmon House to Gasworks and that area.There is loads of cover for bass hangouts.Also the AGC bldg area is good .If one a weekend you wanna fish the AGC bldg area from shore just tell the parking attendent you wanna fish. They are pretty cool about that down there on weekends.There is a dock to fish off down in that parking lot that is not a marina dock.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Bassmaster2008
Petty Officer

Post by Bassmaster2008 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:05 am

Anybody have any experience fishing lake union bay? I've been checking it out on googlemaps and it seems like largemouth city. Loads of lilypads, logs, etc, looks great in theory, but anybody had any experience?

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:36 pm

I've had pretty good success at Lake Union. Usually early in the season. I've had my best luck with jerkbaits and crankbaits. All smallmouth. Never have even tried for largies. There's a free launch or at least free parking if you launch early by the Seattle Yacht Club.