Prespawn bass

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jake_k
Warrant Officer

Prespawn bass

Post by jake_k » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:53 pm

I was just wondering when bass fishing really gets good during the pre spwan season. I live near Lake Washington so any advice for that area would be best

kzoo
Commodore

RE:Prespawn bass

Post by kzoo » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Depends on the weather to increase the water temp, right now for Lake Washington you'll see them starting the prespawn migration, but it's not the full swing. The past several years it's typically in April sometimes mid April to early May. I would say this year it'll probably be in mid April.

Another thing about prespawn and spawn, the bigger lakes like Lake Washington will have fish spawn at different times. There'll be some early fish and then late fish.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:45 am

kzoo wrote:Depends on the weather to increase the water temp, right now for Lake Washington you'll see them starting the prespawn migration, but it's not the full swing. The past several years it's typically in April sometimes mid April to early May. I would say this year it'll probably be in mid April.

Another thing about prespawn and spawn, the bigger lakes like Lake Washington will have fish spawn at different times. There'll be some early fish and then late fish.

Great summary Paul , Jake what ever you decided to do i wouldnt suggest going up to lake union (warms faster) with a suspending jerk Bait ! Nope , you might get your rod snatched from ya up there..:nemo:

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

jake_k
Warrant Officer

Post by jake_k » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:58 pm

where couuld i buy one of these suspending jerk baits

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Auburn Sports and Marine.

There is a place in Woodenville also. I can never remember who or exactly where it is. Some place in Bellevue also.
Tom.

Interests: living

jake_k
Warrant Officer

Post by jake_k » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:20 pm

thanks any ideas on what color patters will work best on lake union this time of year?

Marc Olsen
Angler

Post by Marc Olsen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:46 am

Darker Colors For Sure:-$ . Green To Black:cheers: ! Fishing is better when the water temps are more stable. At a steady 62* Bass will start there spawn. [thumbup]
Start with green and end in black !!
NO DINKS ! She likes Big ones better!