Swim Baiters

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
loucipher
Petty Officer

Swim Baiters

Post by loucipher » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:20 pm

http://www.extremelures.com/index.asp?P ... D&ProdID=3

I got a swimbait, and it's already my favorite lure. It has the best action I've seen. It goes well with my spinning gear, so I don't thing I need a baitcaster just yet. I can throw it extremely far, so far I almost spool out. What lake should I try it on? I've had alot of huge trouts follow my lure. I can't wait to catch my new PB! I caught my other PB on a 4inch swim bait. I bought that lure cuz I saw a few people here using them. I only like using lures that work!

Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:Swim Baiters

Post by Anglinarcher » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:19 am

Swim Baits work at almost any lake that has fish large enough to take them.

Trout will, and often do, take lures a third their length, but most fishermen choose to go small to catch numbers not quality.

Bass often prefer baits that weigh a third their own weight, so big is often better.

Your question should not be what lake to fish, but what lake to not fish.:-"
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

tagwatson360
Commander

Post by tagwatson360 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:43 am

Loucipher,

Shoot me a PM. I will be happy to take you out fishing and share with you what I know about throwing swimbaits in this area. I am not an expert, but I will be happy to spend a day on the water with you working on this technique. I am going to be hooking up with T-Rush this fall as well. Maybe all 3 of us can go throw swimbaits somewhere.

Keep in touch,

Tag

loucipher
Petty Officer

Post by loucipher » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:37 am

tagwatson360 wrote:Loucipher,

Shoot me a PM. I will be happy to take you out fishing and share with you what I know about throwing swimbaits in this area. I am not an expert, but I will be happy to spend a day on the water with you working on this technique. I am going to be hooking up with T-Rush this fall as well. Maybe all 3 of us can go throw swimbaits somewhere.

Keep in touch,

Tag
Great! You have PMS! What do you suggest I bring with me? I been looking at more swim baits and saw WalMart carries some. I've been checking eBay as well, and have ordered some Akita ones. They will be in soon, and I can't wait to catch a PB on them.

loucipher
Petty Officer

Post by loucipher » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:45 am

Anglinarcher wrote:Swim Baits work at almost any lake that has fish large enough to take them.

Trout will, and often do, take lures a third their length, but most fishermen choose to go small to catch numbers not quality.

Bass often prefer baits that weigh a third their own weight, so big is often better.

Your question should not be what lake to fish, but what lake to not fish.:-"
thanks for the tips. I'm using 4inch swim baiters right now, and have hooked into some HOGGS. I don't have pictures to post cuz my phone camera always dies. I caught a 4+ / 5+ last weak, it was so chunky i think it was a 6+. It was the biggest bass I've caught BY FAR! The guys at the dock said it might be a lake record, so I have contacted fish and game. i'm crossing my fingers!