~Fish-Oil-Vitamin-Softgels~

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BassinBomber
Admiral

RE:~Fish-Oil-Vitamin-Softgels~

Post by BassinBomber » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:23 am

TroutCowboy wrote:sounds like a great idea to me!! you might have to mix it with some inert gel or something to make it thicker or stickier, though. or is it pretty thick right out of the capsule?

btw, if you take the fish oil pills yourself the secret is to keep them in the freezer. that way they stay frozen long enough to get further thru your digestive tract before the outer coating dissolves. cuts down on the yucky fish burps!
Stuff's pretty thick right out the capsule TC,..I applied some to one of my Swimbaits and it seems 2 hold on quite nice,..I even let it sit in a bucket of water for a few minutes,..pulled it out and it was still smelly and sticky,..so I think it just may work,..we'll see on the water,..if I get hits on baits I normally don't then I'd say it's a winner!
BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:46 am

Nice... convenient single serving gel caps.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

brdnst
Angler

Post by brdnst » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:43 pm

Supposed to be good for the joints as well. Interested to see how this pans out.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:44 pm

Poke some holes in the gelcap, stuff it in the end of a tube bait, put a peice of an earplug in the back to hold it in and C-rig it baby! Better yet, squeeze it on a cottonball, then stuff the cottonball into the tube...easy and slow release. Try it, you might like it.

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:41 am

Nice job on that one Unc, It sounds like it would work(For my Blood Pressure, so save it for me...............LOL) Anyway that might be a great move for a fish attractant?!!
CPR-BOYZ
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:58 am

2000subaru wrote:Poke some holes in the gelcap, stuff it in the end of a tube bait, put a peice of an earplug in the back to hold it in and C-rig it baby! Better yet, squeeze it on a cottonball, then stuff the cottonball into the tube...easy and slow release. Try it, you might like it.
I will 2000subaru,..just picked up some nice 6" Tubes 2,..it'll work fine in those! I'll let you know!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

ICSpots
Petty Officer

Post by ICSpots » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:22 am

I wonder if the stuff is water soluable or if it is actually an oil and won't mix with water. If it won't mix with water then the scent won't linger near the bait and attract fish.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Gonna try it out tomorrow on a Small Lake with Basstradamus,..slop it on some Jigs and start flippin,..water temps should be up on the smaller lakes/ponds,..gonna be close 2 70 tomorrow,..this will bring the LMB more shallow and close 2 cover,..this will definately be a plus,..using my Toon for the 1st time,..HaHa,..this should be interesting!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:23 pm

ICSpots wrote:I wonder if the stuff is water soluable or if it is actually an oil and won't mix with water. If it won't mix with water then the scent won't linger near the bait and attract fish.
When I 1st applied it at home I stuck my bait in a bucket of water and let it sit there for 1 hr,..took it out and it was still sticky and smelled bad,..LOL,..so we'll see!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 am

BassinBomber wrote:
ICSpots wrote:I wonder if the stuff is water soluable or if it is actually an oil and won't mix with water. If it won't mix with water then the scent won't linger near the bait and attract fish.
When I 1st applied it at home I stuck my bait in a bucket of water and let it sit there for 1 hr,..took it out and it was still sticky and smelled bad,..LOL,..so we'll see!

BB

Dude if you grow an extra finger because of this stuff , Dont say you were not warned !! :clown:

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:53 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:
BassinBomber wrote:

BB

Dude if you grow an extra finger because of this stuff , Dont say you were not warned !! :clown:
That's funny Dez!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:36 am

If they don't work on the fish, take em as directed, it's good for your cardiac system. :chef:

My first thought is how well it will stay on your bait. My next suggestion is open them all into a pot and mix in some vaseline and lightly heat so it mixes with the vaseline, this will allow the scent to adhere to your jig or lure. You could even mix in a few choice ingredients into the pot like say, garlic. Good luck, it will be a fun experiment.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:56 am

Mike Carey wrote:If they don't work on the fish, take em as directed, it's good for your cardiac system. :chef:

My first thought is how well it will stay on your bait. My next suggestion is open them all into a pot and mix in some vaseline and lightly heat so it mixes with the vaseline, this will allow the scent to adhere to your jig or lure. You could even mix in a few choice ingredients into the pot like say, garlic. Good luck, it will be a fun experiment.
Hey thanks for the tip Mike,..I think this is the very 1st time you've replied 2 one of my threads,..HaHa,..!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

BassFanatic
Commander

Post by BassFanatic » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:
BassinBomber wrote:

BB

Right there with you Big D......LOL And if it works I wont here the end of it, Anyway let's see what happens with that BB
CPR-BOYZ
CHECK US OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:24 am

BassFanatic wrote:
Bigbass Dez wrote:
BassinBomber wrote: When I 1st applied it at home I stuck my bait in a bucket of water and let it sit there for 1 hr,..took it out and it was still sticky and smelled bad,..LOL,..so we'll see!

BB

Right there with you Big D......LOL And if it works I wont here the end of it, Anyway let's see what happens with that BB
Im Already taken bets , that he will either grow another finger or lose one from the flesheating oil that he is using .. so far the pot has $50.00 in it .. any takers ????? 8-[

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:10 am

Im thinking he will either grow gills :nemo: or a third eye :cyclopsan
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:13 am

Mike Carey wrote:If they don't work on the fish, take em as directed, it's good for your cardiac system. :chef:

And if it doesn't catch fish, you can always use it as a spread for bagels.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:15 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:Im Already taken bets , that he will either grow another finger or lose one from the flesheating oil that he is using .. so far the pot has $50.00 in it .. any takers ????? 8-[
I am going with loses the extra finger he grew from the flesh eating oil he has been working on in his laboratory.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:34 am

Any results updates BB?

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:48 am

RaMcVey wrote:Any results updates BB?
Used it on Wednesday at Meridian,..some follows and short strikes but nothing landed,..stayed on nicely so I'll continue 2 use it and keep ya'll posted,..thanks for asking bro!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"