Newbie....checkin in

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bassackwards
Commander

Newbie....checkin in

Post by bassackwards » Sun May 27, 2007 1:17 pm

Just found the site this morning. I'm relatively new to Washington (6 months) and would appreciate the inside scoop on where the bass are and when they come out to play.

I've hit Beaver Lake, Pine Lake recently and this morning tried my luck at a small pond in Klahanie, NOTHIN....

I've been fishing bass since I was a little guy...I know they're all pretty deep right now. I'm currently "boat challenged" so my casting skills are as far out on the lake as I can get...for now.

Anyway....enough of my sob story. Just wanted to say "hi"

Look forward to sharing stories with all of you.

Jon
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 27, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

danielt
Commander

RE:Newbie....checkin in

Post by danielt » Sun May 27, 2007 3:29 pm

Look shallow. A lot of bass havent even spawned yet and water temps are only around 65-68.

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Sun May 27, 2007 4:35 pm

get on those lakes REALLY early, and you will hook into a lunker

:)

you have to get up before everyone gets up, and be the first on the shore. ive done it many times before i got the boat.

good luck
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sun May 27, 2007 9:45 pm

bassackwards wrote:I've hit Beaver Lake, Pine Lake recently and this morning tried my luck at a small pond in Klahanie, NOTHIN....
Did that 'small pond' have a gated squarish dock with a bridge to it?

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun May 27, 2007 11:24 pm

Welcome to the WL.com family bassackwards. Glad your here. Very creative name.
Hope you get on a bass or two soon to ease your itch. I guess my questions would be what are you throwing? And what time are you going out?

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 27, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:24 pm

I've thrown just about everything in my box, minus the softbait. I usually always start out with the spinning lures and then move to the med. depth crank baits and finish off with a few jig tosses.

I'm usually out at around 5-5:30 am...The little pond I went to SCREAMS bass, but it hasn't shown me anything yet.

I'd like a few suggestions on where to go for some early morning bank fishing, I'm currently "boat challenged".

Thanks guys!!

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:44 pm

bassackwards wrote:Just found the site this morning. I'm relatively new to Washington (6 months) and would appreciate the inside scoop on where the bass are and when they come out to play.

I've hit Beaver Lake, Pine Lake recently and this morning tried my luck at a small pond in Klahanie, NOTHIN....

I've been fishing bass since I was a little guy...I know they're all pretty deep right now. I'm currently "boat challenged" so my casting skills are as far out on the lake as I can get...for now.

Anyway....enough of my sob story. Just wanted to say "hi"

Look forward to sharing stories with all of you.

Jon
yea there are actually quite a few shallow bass left - i would look shallower rather than casting out as far as you can go.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:45 pm

bassackwards wrote:I've thrown just about everything in my box, minus the softbait. I usually always start out with the spinning lures and then move to the med. depth crank baits and finish off with a few jig tosses.

I'm usually out at around 5-5:30 am...The little pond I went to SCREAMS bass, but it hasn't shown me anything yet.

I'd like a few suggestions on where to go for some early morning bank fishing, I'm currently "boat challenged".

Thanks guys!!
Lake Washinton and Lake Sammamish should keep you busy for a very long time. Lake WA has tons public fishing docks and samamish has a pretty nice park. Both lakes are FULL of bass

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:46 pm

bassackwards wrote:I've thrown just about everything in my box, minus the softbait. I usually always start out with the spinning lures and then move to the med. depth crank baits and finish off with a few jig tosses.

Thanks guys!!
Lake Washinton and Lake Sammamish should keep you busy for a very long time. Lake WA has tons public fishing docks and samamish has a pretty nice park. Both lakes are FULL of bass

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:41 pm

I appreciate the info. To be honest, I was a little intimidated with both lakes because of their size and my lack of a boat. I grew up fishing large lakes with my Dad, but we alway hit it "O dark early" in the 14' Alumacraft....good times.

I'm going to do some scouting this week to find a few spots for Sunday's outing.

Thanks again.