Lower Yakima Smallies!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mr. Magler
Petty Officer

Lower Yakima Smallies!

Post by Mr. Magler » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:20 am

Does anyone know of any good shoreline fishing spots on the Lower Yakima? Preferably close to Prosser? I'll be going for SMB.
Wishin' I was fishin',

Mr. Magler

delyakguy
Warrant Officer

RE:Lower Yakima Smallies!

Post by delyakguy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:35 am

Hey Magler, I live in Yakima but work in Prosser. There are 2 bridges in Prosser, the 1 closest towards Tri cities has access on both sides. Try base of bridge. Also a boat launch just West of Chevrolet Dealership that has some shore access. Let me know. I haven't been out there this year. Maybe I'll check it out.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

Mr. Magler
Petty Officer

Post by Mr. Magler » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks delyakguy. I am hoping to try it out on Friday.
Wishin' I was fishin',

Mr. Magler

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:29 pm

my girl lives in west richland, so, i fish the lower yakima alot (when im not at potholes). try off of the yakitat road, in between prosser and benton city. there are some farmhouses on this side of the river, that makes it mostly private. knock on a couple of doors, and, ask to cross thier properties to fish this stretch. salt-n-pepper grubs or waterdogs (if you can find them), will put you on some really good smallie fishing, with the occaisonal monster catfish.

Mr. Magler
Petty Officer

Post by Mr. Magler » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:50 am

Thanks for the tips, michaelunbewust! Never heard of a waterdog. What type of lure is that?
Wishin' I was fishin',

Mr. Magler