My Record Smallmouth

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
delyakguy
Warrant Officer

My Record Smallmouth

Post by delyakguy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:45 am

Here is my biggest Smallmouth to date. I caught it on a 5'' Senko-Pumpkin w/GRN Flakes in Yakima. Lost one even bigger than this the prior cast, it burned some drag and buried itself under a submerged tree. So I was thoroughly frustrated when I made the cast to catch this fish until I set the hook. It gave me the fight of my life, got it to shore and it ran again. I was very happy when I finally landed him. Took a single picture and released him to fight another day.
Attachments
SM.JPG
SM.JPG (26.18 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

SnohoBassGuy
Warrant Officer

RE: My Record Smallmouth

Post by SnohoBassGuy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:05 am

I'm still looking for my first 5+ bass....
Banks lake for LIFE!

2010 Big Fish Competition:
SnohoBassGuy - 0
LowVW - 4lb 11 oz

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:08 am

Nice work.Hell of a fighter too......

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:46 pm

Nice job on the smallie delyakguy. Congrats on your new PB (personal best).
Keep at it and they'll get bigger. You should throw it up on the Nice Bass Board - http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/ya ... llery.aspx

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Nice smallie ive got the smallie bug myself,ever since i got my first one that seems to be what i like to target most now i love the fight you get very exciting:cheers: :cheers: GOOD JOB
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:00 pm

Great Smallie delyakguy,..a PB too,..way to go,..mines only 3lbs,..still searching though,..keep tossin!
"Passion-4-Bassin"

delyakguy
Warrant Officer

Post by delyakguy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:07 am

Sparky101

You have some great pics of SM. Without giving exact lure, what have you had best luck with for BIG Smallmouth? Congrats on some nice fish! Nothing better than a fight with lunker SM.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:03 pm

I've had my best luck dropshotting :cheers: ,and skipping tubes under or around docks:cheers:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:55 pm

Where about in Yakima did you catch that hog? Or, is that classified info?

Beerman
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

Gotcha
Petty Officer

Post by Gotcha » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:19 pm

Not too bad!
"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." -John Wooden

spokanebassman
Petty Officer

Post by spokanebassman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:13 pm

Great Fish!!! I think i could have had my personal record bass today but could not get the bass to take the lure. WE saw tons of bass just crusing in the shallows. Wondering if anyone can help out with how to catch crusing bass. Here is the setting 2-6ft of water with a soft bottom with some rock but not much. There were packs of fish (6-10 LMB and some SMB).
they were everywhere but no matter what we threw they just kept crusing by and very spooky, even with the trolling motor on low they were spooked.

Thanks,
Eric

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:23 pm

spokanebassman wrote:Great Fish!!! I think i could have had my personal record bass today but could not get the bass to take the lure. WE saw tons of bass just crusing in the shallows. Wondering if anyone can help out with how to catch crusing bass. Here is the setting 2-6ft of water with a soft bottom with some rock but not much. There were packs of fish (6-10 LMB and some SMB).
they were everywhere but no matter what we threw they just kept crusing by and very spooky, even with the trolling motor on low they were spooked.

Thanks,
Eric
DOWNSIZE I would go as small I could and get it IN their faces. Bright and shiny is best!!!
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:30 pm

spokanebassman wrote:Great Fish!!! I think i could have had my personal record bass today but could not get the bass to take the lure. WE saw tons of bass just crusing in the shallows. Wondering if anyone can help out with how to catch crusing bass. Here is the setting 2-6ft of water with a soft bottom with some rock but not much. There were packs of fish (6-10 LMB and some SMB).

Thanks,
Eric
They probably saw you. I imagine in your situation you could leave the spot for thirty minutes or so. And return staying as far away as possible and throw something you didn't already use. They will still be there! They should be less spooked and throwing a new bait should help!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:33 am

LOL,..everytime I see that picture delyakguy,..I say to myself,.."Thats a Pig of a Smallie",..again,..great job!
"Passion-4-Bassin"

delyakguy
Warrant Officer

Post by delyakguy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:36 am

Thanks for all the props. Just missed one even bigger last week. It was blowing over 40mph in Yakima last week, hooked into NICE SM. He jumped few times and the last time my slack was blown into tree branch. Then the fish shook the hook. I was using 1/2oz chart. head w/5'' yamamoto grub watermelon. I'll keep ya posted and thanks again to you guys who have given me some tips via PM.

delyakguy
Warrant Officer

Post by delyakguy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am

beerman1981 wrote:Where about in Yakima did you catch that hog? Or, is that classified info?

Beerman
Beerman it is located near Yakima, PM me and I will give ya info. You answered some ???'s for me in the past.