O ring for wacky rig

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Washingtonian
Angler

O ring for wacky rig

Post by Washingtonian » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:42 pm

I've gotten tired of going through so many senko's so I've been looking into rigging them with an o ring. Just curious if anyone has much experience with this. Without an o ring the hook ends up perpendicular to the hook, but with the o ring they are more parallel to the hook. Not sure this makes much of a difference but I guess we'll see soon enough.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: O ring for wacky rig

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:49 am

Our bass writer, Rick Lawrence, posted this article last month on the subject:

http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/ ... etails/771

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

TrackerPro16
Commander

Post by TrackerPro16 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:48 am

Good article! I missed that one when it came out.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:11 am

Use a 'wacky saddle', it puts the hook perpendicular to the worm, and so is better for good hookups. And yes the way Rick does it, and shows it, is also a great way to rig the worm, and have the best hook position. I like nose hooking the 'Sinking Fool' worms with the band and the hook thru it.
Tom.

Interests: living

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:13 pm

O-rings, or whacky saddle, whichever.... they are da bomb! I actually get a little pissed because my 5" Senkos last TOO long now with O-rings. Once in blue moon, when I lose one, I am grateful that maybe it's time to by some more Senkos. They can be hard to find in the greater Seattle area tackle shops though. Often either out of stock, or they have the very small ones. No need for that whole applicator tool either, unless you are putting really small O-rings on a full size Senko.

tbrinks
Petty Officer

Post by tbrinks » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:33 am

I've ditched the o-rings and now use these pieces of surgical tubing. Much more durable and the hook is now perpendicular for better hookups.

https://youtu.be/Z2sbamStK_Y
Spokane, WA
Navionics Sponsored
http://www.tbrinksfishing.com