Prespawn Fishin

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
cjrodarme
Petty Officer

Prespawn Fishin

Post by cjrodarme » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:09 am

With spring right around the corner, bass fishing will start as well. What time do you start fishing in the spring, and what are your favorite lures, baits and tactics in the prespawn.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Re: Prespawn Fishin

Post by fishingmachine » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:15 pm

By time are you talking time of day or are you talking like when do people start fishing largemouth and what not??

Because I have been fishing for largemouth since the beginning of February with good success.

As for baits I like to target big fish so I throw a lot of big swimjigs, spinnerbaits, topwater, Big Jigs, and swimbaits.

cjrodarme
Petty Officer

Post by cjrodarme » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:35 am

That kind of time too, but I meant like what time of the year (ex. mid march). Also how deep do you usually fish?

253Caster
Warrant Officer

Post by 253Caster » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:52 am

Fish shallow water with good deep water access. Most my success is in the 1-3 ft range. As far as baits fishing machine nailedit

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Post by 8theB8 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:02 am

In the Spring, much like humans bass seek warmth! Get around shallow cover like wood and rocks that retain and emit heat. Fish sunny days if possible but don't let clouds or drizzle stop you. I target that cover out to about 5-8 feet and if I have to go deeper I break out the Carolina rig and fish the same cover only deeper. Fish both sides of everything...sunny and shade, the bass are seeking warmth and will more often than not be on the sunny side early in the season. As for time of year? If there's no ice on the water go fish!

B8