American Lake Bass fishin'

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
muskyhunter
Captain

American Lake Bass fishin'

Post by muskyhunter » Fri May 04, 2007 5:10 pm

I have repeatively tried and tried for bass on this lake. I haven't even seen one yet. Saw a photo at Bills's boat house of a close to 8lb bass caught right off their dock. I have tried little American it has some outstanding structure. Have only caught rock bass. Saw photos of Smallies too...on this website. Question....where do I find these guys? Any help would be great. Thanks
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

Basser
Petty Officer

RE:American Lake Bass fishin'

Post by Basser » Fri May 04, 2007 10:49 pm

Large and smallmouth are there, I have seen them, And even caught one. I'm no expert by any means, But this lake is on my list this year. All I know is that the water is really clear and the largemouth are very spookey. Keep your distance, down size, and fish natural colors. I wil let you know how I do when I fish it, good luck.

kartman253
Petty Officer

RE:American Lake Bass fishin'

Post by kartman253 » Sun May 06, 2007 3:36 pm

I fished american on sat from noon-5 lots of fish still deep but i couldnt hook any, i seen one get pulled in a nice smallie, the guy took a pic and let her go, but i tried every thing , my wife skunked me with a a dollar bill sized pearch on a worm of the bottom, i would like to know more about the lake so if u have any hot tips send um my way.
thanx and as all ways c&r